Can I Play in Widescreen?

Mr. Do

Emperor
I just recently bought a new computer, with a widescreen monitor... anyone know if I can play with the game taking up the whole screen instead of with two vertical black stripes down the side?

I really don´t know, this is just an idea. There is line that can be added in the conquest.ini file that says KeepRes=1 (I think), that allows the game to use your regular screen resolution. Maybe you could try it out.

The screenshots must look cool with the widescreen. Mind if you share some? :mischief:

I don't have a conquest.ini file so I did a file search for files containing keepres and got a readme.txt as the only response.

extract
Ini file tweaks: The first time Civilization III is run, it will create a file called 'civilization3.ini'. The following lines can be added and allow you to tweak the game:

*KeepRes=1 - When set to 1, your desktop resolution will be what the game uses. 1024x768 screens will be centered, but you will be able to see much more of the map on one screen.

I suspect that this depends on which version you are playing, mine is V1.29f

Alright, now I can actually play full screen on my 1280x800 screen. Thanks dudes.

Top Bottom