Canadian Football League 2005 Season Thread

PeteT said:
It's just you.

I live in Winnipeg and am contemplating becoming a Sask supporter.
WOW! You guys have the INTERNET!?! :D
KIDDING!

I would probably turn my affection to somewhere else than the Bombers too though. I hear the Stamps are looking for fans this year... :lol:

You could try supporting Hamilton (lmao). They really need something to rally around after the first few games.

I hope BC can keep Dickenson from being sacked another half dozen times tonight. If he continues to sustain this kind of punishment, we'll being seeing Printers in the lineup very soon. I just wish the game was being broadcast on TV as I won't be able to get to Van to see it in person (at least we have CKNW).

Go Lions!!!

Well, the Renegades beat the Stampeders. Not entirely surprising as they may well be the only gimmes we have in the CFL...

The Blue Bombers gave the Eskimos one hell of a scare the other night with a stiffling defence and constant pressure. Sure, Edmonton should have won the game (by the end of the first half) but Winnipeg just hung in there and nearly squeeked one out. Too bad they lost on the last play of the game.

Well, we are past the first third of the season.

Standings (as of Aug. 06): http://tsn.ca/cfl/standings.asp

BC, Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary and Winnipeg are doing pretty much as I expected.

Ottawa is surprising at 4-3, and so are Montréal and Saskatchewan at 3-3 apiece, although the surprise is for a different reason.

Hamilton? Well, the Ti-Cats manage to make the Rough Riders (1980-1999, RIP) look like a decent football organization...

:lol: Always good to laugh at the last place team in the league when that team happens to not be the one you cheer for :D

I went to the last two Lions games, and they always manage to send it down to the wire, with a last second interception last night to seal a victory. This is a football team which can't seem to play well as a whole for sixty minutes. QBs are (as expected) strong all night long, Dickenson makes insane passes but gets sacked too damn much. I like Casey Printers ability to handle the ball and rush with it himself when needed better than Dickenson, but Dickenson seems to be a much smoother, more consistent passing machine. I'd like Duncan O'Maney's head, the man can't seem to kick worth a damn. He keeps missing field goals from such easy distances, hitting the post square on more times than I can count.

These guys either give up a huge early lead and dominate throughout the rest of the game, or dominate in the first half and barely hang on.

But this team, at just the right moments, seems to be doing just the right things to win. Imagine how good they'll be when they start doing it all game long.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
:lol: Always good to laugh at the last place team in the league when that team happens to not be the one you cheer for :D
Considering I rooted for those godawful Rough Riders teams for the last 15 years or so as well as for the pitiful Senators' teams from 1993-1997, not only do I know exactly what you're talking about, but I'm doing it with malice and glee. :goodjob:

Pasi Nurminen said:
QBs are (as expected) strong all night long.
Yeah, the Lions are scary on offense. I'm sure Printers would be a kick-ass starter on every other team but the Als.

Go Argos!
Does ayone know who one the game today? (Labour day?) We normally get it on CBC, but for some reaseon they did not have TO and Ham, just Ed and Cal. :(

I have been watching footbal for years, I actually started walking, with a mini footbal, and a cup in my hand, during the greay cup game!

Anyways, I like Clemmons, a little guy with a big heart.

61-27!!!!! And I'm not exaggerating when I say that the score could have easily been 91-27 for the Lions. It's scary how Dave Dickenson just continues to slaughter the opposition even with his frequent injuries. Nothing against Casey Printers or Buck Pierce, that is, they're great too. But I think that at this stage, Dickenson is a no-brainer for league MVP.

Top Bottom