Cannabis and Poppy "Commodity Units"

October 4th, 2008
I made these Cannabis and Poppy "Commodity Units" as special units for Ozymendias and anyone else who can use them in their games.
This is all for Fun additions that people need for their games so please...spare me the "illegal Drug" comments

I am not going to spare you the ILLEGAL DRUG comments. No one held a gun to your head to make these, I assume. As far as I am concerned, you are promoting an illegal activity, and should be banned from the site.

I am not going to spare you the ILLEGAL DRUG comments. No one held a gun to your head to make these, I assume. As far as I am concerned, you are promoting an illegal activity, and should be banned from the site.

As the first benefactor of these units, I'll simply quote the forum rules for you:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, racist, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum."

So, being charitable, I'll assume your POV was uninformed and not simply rude.

BTW, how would you mod the Opium Wars (Google them if you're unfamiliar) without opium? How would you properly model Southwestern Indigenous North American natives without making peyote a Resource of some sort? Or that numerous medications have been derived from poppies et. al.?
How would you model modern Latin American economies without cocaine?

I am indeed sorry if (as it seems with so many) reality doesn't agree with you, and feel even sorrier that it seems so important for you to impose your beliefs upon others.

Best Regards,

Oz

At first I thought you were joking, but I read it again, and it seems you are serious. Either way, if you are serious, I think you took it about five notches over the top by saying he should be banned from the site.

Wikipedia has an entry called 'List of drug films' which shows a very long partial list of movies that have drug usage (as a major or minor scene). If you are going to protest, perhaps start with something that gets a far broader audience, such as Drug Movies, rather than CivIII.

Tom

What exactly can this be used for? As in, what statistics will this have?

I don't know what Vuldacon has in mind, but an idea went through my head earlier. If this was used in a High School Scenario, it could be used as a flag unit for the 'stoners' who can bring it back to their capital and get 'high' or something... (AKA, a flag unit that produces golds). Anyway, just a dumb thought... :D

I hope... nay... PRAY, that was sarcasm. Hey... I'm anti-drug too, but you don't have to take it so seriously. That's like saying if you use a black slave unit in your game your racist...

I'm planning on having it as a Resource necessary for a "Medicine Manufactory" (temporary name) which will produce the goods unit as a "Princess" unit to be transported, principally back from the New World to the old. I'm also planning on doing the same with Sugar.

Best,

Oz

In my personal City-Mod it`s just the princess unit ,which can be found all over the map.
A lot of "Gangsta" (Odintheking) trying to bring them home for gaining victory points. In the same time the "Cops" (NavyDawg) are trying the same. Kind of simple scenario ...

for the stats look at the original princess

timerover51... I believe you assumed and projected far too much concerning these simple resources as well as what you believe my thoughts and intentions were, are or what you seem to project regarding my personal position on Illegal Drugs.

They were requested as needed resources that I made and uploaded for anyone to use as they see fit. Nothing More.
I have no need to defend myself in any way but since you found it necessary to post your directed assumptions and personal insult publicly, I am setting the Record straight despite knowing that your remarks are not worth a response other than a Good Laugh :lol:

I do not take nor promote illegal drugs and I find your remarks very informative as to who you are. There is an old proverb that could be applied here... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

These are simply game Resources and how anyone uses them in their game is their decision.
I had no intended settings as to how anyone would use them other than as resources that people can add and set as they want for their personal games. They can be used in Realistic, Historical and Good ways.

Good or Bad opinions are the "judgement" prerogatives of others but projecting assumed opinions as an attack without Facts is absurd.

i'll play devil's advocate and note that cannabis can be used for hemp and poppy can be used for morphine.

@timerover51
you do realize that you managed to insult one of the real good guys here at cfc? you should be ashamed...or just have not posted :rolleyes: let the moderators decide what is unwarranted and last i checked, you are not one of them :)

Moderator Action: Okay, everyone's vented that's going to be allowed to. Let the thread be about game issues, nothing else.

Just in case that's too subtle - Vuldacon is the only one I'm willing to let slide on further postings re the ethics of a particular graphic. Anyone else is subject to at least a warning, And that includes any PDMA about this post.

Top Bottom