Can't Declare War?

Coolone84

Chieftain
Hi

I don't know if this should be in this area or the Tech Support area, I think I may be just doing something wrong in-game.

Normally, I always end up pissing off the natives that live around me, so I always go into a game knowing that sooner or later, I'm just going to end up killing them off (I play Dutch funnily enough..). In the current game I'm playing, I decided that I would get the jump on Mangas Coloradas and wipe out his cities almost instantly by surrounding them with a lot of cannons. Normally to declare war, I just send in the cannons and a little note pops up saying "are you sure you want to declare war?" or something like that.

In this case however it's just not doing it. I even tried to declare war on him through his screen but the option just isn't there. I KNOW I didn't make it "peace only" in the setup for the game because that's just boring. I even tried to goad him into possibly attacking me by stealing all of his land, but now he's just sitting in his corner pouting. Does anybody know what's going on? I've never encountered this before.

Thanks

Cliffs: Can't declare war on natives even though the game isn't set for "peace only"

Can you declare war on other tribes? I know you can't fight the other Europeans for 20 turns but that restriction doesn't apply to native tribes. You can check your game settings with F8 (Victory Conditions/Settings).

Top Bottom