Can't export storyboard on Flicster

Predator145

Prince
So after many months of not touching flicster to modify unit graphics, I may have forgotten a lot. But Flicster is not behaving the way I remember.

I used to be able to export the storyboard of a unit, open the pcx file on Gimp, do some copy paste deleting modification and then export the storyboard file back in. Simple enough, no foreign elements added, no palette issues.

Now Flicster for some reason is refusing to export storyboards back in. Even if I haven't modded the pcx file on Gimp. Flicster would just crash. And then the flc animation is unreadable. All you'd get is this:

Screenshot (2232).png
Screenshot (2233).png

Attempting to play with the flc would crash the game.

Did I forget how to use Flicster? Or is there another issue?

Last edited:
I've seen this as well. Not sure why this is happening but I seem to remember having to use another tool to extract the storyboard from a flc.

I've seen this as well. Not sure why this is happening but I seem to remember having to use another tool to extract the storyboard from a flc.
But Flicster worked fine before. I'm still on the same computer. What changed? And what other tools are there?

If you haven't already, I recommend removing flicster, then re-installing 17 and then the 18 patch. Every time I've had the above issue, that has been the solution.
I've downloaded 17. But now 18 is no longer there. And 17 has the same issue as before.

17 alone will definitely have that issue. Please see attached for copy of 18.

Thank you for uploading 18. But even after downloading and extracting 18 into the Flicster folder and using the 18 launcher, the problem persists.
Screenshot (2237).png

I dunno then. The pcx is indexed?
So I tried the same thing on my other laptop. This one allows me to complete the export process without Flicster crashing. But then when I open the new flc file and check out the animation, there is an error, meaning the flc will crash the game.
Screenshot (270).png

The pcx file was freshly exported from a stock game unit. I didn't introduce anything foreign. And it's indexed.

So I tried it on yet another laptop. On this one I can't even get Flicster 18 to run. Yet 17 did everything just fine. This is very mysterious to me.

Last edited:
You can zip and post the file if you like. At least you'll know if we're getting the same error.
I'm trying to mod Wyrm's V-2 ballistic missile to be graphically used as a cruise missile unit as it was made for nuclear. But I have trouble exporting everything else as well. I suspect it's actually the laptop's fault.

Attachments

• V-2 Missile.rar
    675 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom