Can't Put Together the Spaceship. No One Has Won Yet

this is weird. i tried the save and everything seems to be in order. i also tried meeting denmark and went around with the SS parts and tried to launch them in every city i had to rule out the "have to be launched in city which worked on the apollo program" theory (notification log wasn't going back long enough to figure the right city out that way). i have no idea whats wrong here and suppose it is just a very rare bug.

this is weird. i tried the save and everything seems to be in order. i also tried meeting denmark and went around with the SS parts and tried to launch them in every city i had to rule out the "have to be launched in city which worked on the apollo program" theory (notification log wasn't going back long enough to figure the right city out that way). i have no idea whats wrong here and suppose it is just a very rare bug.

Well that sucks. Hopefully it doesn't happen again for me, if it does I'll make another post here. if anyone else sees this and has an idea of what the problem could be, that'd be great.

Looks like I'll be bringing out the robots and going for total domination I guess lol.

I have the whole thread and nobody has mentioned it yet: are you absolutely sure nobody has won(or lost) yet?

Since its a marathon game, you might have forgotten about it months ago.

Maybe you pressed *retire* instead of *save game* last month and did not notice?

well, you can check if anybody has won in the "Victory Progress" screen. everything checks out there. no UN build yet, most players in control of their original capital, no AI player is even close to a cultural or scientific win.

edit: i think i have never used the retire option, normally i just leave to menu or OS if i don't feel like finishing a game. is there even a possibility to do "one more turn" after losing via "retire" button?

The inadvertent Retire idea is a good one. Check your replays folder and your HOF.

I hit this bug too. I did not retire, the retire button is not greyed out. I can't find the completed Apollo program, I am pretty sure I built it in my capital. In the victory condition screen it says I completed the Apollo program. I am playing Freedom and selected the tenant that lets me buy parts, but I haven't bought any parts yet. In the HOF there is some weird thing were it says Polynesia lost on turn 347 but there is no winner listed, just an empty circle with a question mark, and I got no notice that anyone has won during the game play. Is there a solution to this bug? This is terrible, I am on turn 450 and have 2 parts built with 2 more finishing in a turn or two, kind of sickening.

I think I did accidentally retire. Why is that even there? Seems like it should be better guarded with a warning dialog that you'll never win that game if you retire!

Top Bottom