Can't start a game with Vox Populi

j_kosta

Chieftain
Hi everyone, hope this isn't a redundant post

Cut directly to the problem: when checking the boxes of all the Vox Populi mods (downloaded the Vox populi no EUI with the automatic installer and tried with more versions) in the Mods screen, then after clicking 'Next', game always crashes. (Other mods run just normal)
Seems like there is a VP specific problem....

Would be very thankful if anyone encountered a similar problem in the past and found a solution and would be willing to share!!

Cut directly to the problem: when checking the boxes of all the Vox Populi mods (downloaded the Vox populi no EUI with the automatic installer and tried with more versions) in the Mods screen, then after clicking 'Next', game always crashes. (Other mods run just normal)

Would be very thankful if anyone encountered a similar problem in the past and found a solution and would be willing to share!!
My guess is you didnt install to the right directory with the installer you used.
The installer defaults to certain drives and you have to make sure they are ppinting to the actual drive you installed on.

For example itll default to c drive but if you installed on e then you habe to change where you install it to.

My guess is you didnt install to the right directory with the installer you used.
The installer defaults to certain drives and you have to make sure they are ppinting to the actual drive you installed on.

For example itll default to c drive but if you installed on e then you habe to change where you install it to.
please correct any wrongdoings:

installed Mods into the : C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
and the UI into : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

Unsubscribe to all mods you don't use, clear the cache and try again.

please correct any wrongdoings:

installed Mods into the : C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
and the UI into : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC
Is civ 5 installed on the c drive?

Unsubscribe to all mods you don't use, clear the cache and try again.
cleared the cache, but didn't unsubscribe from all other mods on steam, thanks for the recommendation, will try this out and see if it works

Sometimes I have the exact same problem and the only way to solve it is to use the steam "repair" function. You can try it maybe ?

If it still doesn't work you can try to use a modpack instead of using the mod menu.

unsubcribe, uninstall civ 5, then reinstall civ 5 and reinstall VP
go into common steam folder and delete any left over folders, and in documents/mygames/civ5

Last edited:

Sometimes I have the exact same problem and the only way to solve it is to use the steam "repair" function. You can try it maybe ?

If it still doesn't work you can try to use a modpack instead of using the mod menu.

@Agiwan is on the mark with this one.

Steam Verify Integrity of Installation in game properties is the fix. If it doesn't find any files 'missing', delete one of the files in the install folder for Civ 5 and re-run it.

This bug I encounter everytime Microsoft does a .NET Framework update. Something about the way Windows 10 does those updates just kills Civ 5 everytime and re-running the .NET Framework files install manually via Civ 5 folder doesn't fix it either.

Hi, thanks everyone for your help looks like the problem is solved now, did all of the things you recommended and one of them seems to have solved the issue. Thanks!!

Top Bottom