can't use traded boats?

Shamira

Chieftain
So I remember this being a bug in vanilla FF2, but I'm using MNAI-U but I recall at some point in the past this bug might not of existed or maybe i'm wrong.

Basically, when trading with another civ and they offer you boats, they pop in your capital but you can't use them ever because at the start of every turn they have no movement points. They also have the "cancel animation" action that does nothing.

Is there no work around anymore or way to fix this other than just placing new ones down in the editor and deleting the old ones? I was tempted to do that then I wondered if it also affects the AI (in which case lol sucks for them if they buy mine)

Wait, how can you trade boats? I've never seen this feature.
You can do that if you play MNAI with the "Advanced Tactics" option enabled. Then in the game when conducting diplomacy you have the option to "Establish Embassy" and then you can trade certain types of units. I don't know them all but so far I have noticed that it is possible to trade Naval units, siege weapons, animal units and beast units. Maybe workers too but I don't remember for sure. Anyway, once traded the units appear un the buyer's capital city but they are immobile for a certain ammount of turns (I think 10, but I don't remember this very well). After that they can be moved normally. However, I have also seen reports that the AI does not know how to handle bought units so just leaves them sitting there anyway.

Good to know, thanks! :) I never play with that option because I don't like the great generals system it comes with.

Top Bottom