Capto Iugulum

@Elves: Yeah, I was hurrying and I reckoned it wasn't worth correcting, especially given that, in recent years, the Egyptian and Abyssinian insurgencies seem to be almost contiguous.

All stats and front page information has been updated. Bear with me for the next few updates, and keep a close eye on the first post. I will be changing the pattern of updates, as I am currently attempting to create a update schedule that better suits my current RL situation.

EQ, I have a question about the modules. If I added the destroyer torpedoes module to my Zygmunt-class Destroyer, I would pay 34 EP (30 to add the module + 4 for the total number of ships of that kind that I have), and that would create a separate design, correct? I'm only unsure about that last bit.

Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!

Allied Territories of America

@Samsniped: For the purpose of my own sanity, you cannot add modules onto someone else's design. Therefore the "Early" crafts and all the Polish crap is not modifiable. This is only for the time being, as I am still working on the module system, as it was not initially planned at the beginning of the NES.

EQ: So, suppose I upgraded the Chasseur-class cruiser (Construction Rights: Netherlands, Denmark, Scandinavia, Russia, Portugal, Sardinia, Spain, Roman Empire, Corsica, Germany, Italy, Japan) to have torpedoes, would that affect only my Chasseurs? or would it affect the Chasseurs of whomever I allowed to upgrade as well (i.e. could I use my status of the design to restrict the ability to upgrade to just my closer allies, while excluding, say, the Phalanx)? or could anyone upgrade once I had upgraded? or would all Chasseurs immediately possess torpedoes as soon as I upgraded? and, if so, where, for instance, would the money to upgrade the Dutch Chasseurs come from and would it be 9EP or 39EP for them, for instance, given that they possess 9 Chasseurs?

@EQ another swell update sir! To bad the Proletarians fell apart before I could get my 10 in AQ :(

The Vinlandsk Riksdag wishes to commission a second report on the status of the American refugee population in Vinland. In specific, we wish to know:

- How many of the refugees have returned to American territories, and how many remain.

- Where these populations are presently distributed.

- How many of those who remain have expressed their desire to become citizens of Vinland, and how many are not interested in becoming citizens of Vinland.

- A general survey of attitudes towards Vinland, with notes of any significant demographic or location-based trends in these attitudes.

- How do views of the Vinlandskridningpolis vary amongst different groups? It had been the hope of the Riksdag that the establishment of a mobile police force would help to enforce the law of Vinland throughout the west, and that the reduction in unlawful activity would improve the opinion of Vinlandic-born Vinlanders and lawful American-born Vinlanders towards the government, while only provoking hostility from those associated with criminal elements and brigandry.

The Kingdom of Peru is honored to announce the founding of the Pacific Concord by the Empire of Japan, the Republic of Chile, the Republic of Hawaii, and the Kingdom of Peru.

Spoiler :
]

The Powers of the Pacific Concord hereby solemnly swear to:

1. A pact of mutual protection to defend the territorial integrity of all members against external invasion and separatists.
2. Most favored nation trading status with all other members.
3. Work towards the mutual prosperity of all members and to provide foreign aid to any impoverished or devastated members on a case-by-case basis.

Signed,
King Juan I of the Peruvian Kingdom, Prime Minister Eduardo Perez

Signed,

Prince Tokugawa Iesato
Representative of Emperor Meiji, Sovereign of the Japanese Empire

Confirming the treaty for Chile and Hawaii.

Thanks to spryllino for the handy labelled map. I'll see about updating said map with labels each time we have a significant change of some sort. There is a slight problem, in that I've run out of attachment space on the forums, but I hope to resolve that by clearing out attachments from my multitude of ancient, less successful NESes.

In regards to ship modules, I slept on what do about this, and I've determined to do what I was going to do with tanks. As I have previously stated, modules were not originally considered as part of the ruleset, and a number of the techs relating to them therefore are rather hodgepodge and added in post-NES start. It should be noted that the cost of doing this may not be worth it for some designs and vessels, as it will cost double the regular module cost to add one to an older design. In this case, adding a module to your design (or to another person's design) will do one of two things:

1. In the case that you are adding the module to your own design, it will be noted that two models of said ship exist, and they will be differentiated by year number. the '05 Chasseur compared to the '15 Chasseur. The costs WILL be the same in regards to different models, but there will be an upgrade fee for anyone who chooses to upgrade their older model to the new one. They will NOT require the permission of the designer for upgrading to the new model.

2. If one nation chooses to add a module to an older design (say the Zygmut), it will create a new model, just like above, and I will credit you to the original designer's name under the first page stats. However, this will ONLY be done once, and after the first person does it, there'll be a list upgrade cost to make the new model.

@Lord_Iggy: rather than be too formal about it this time (at work, less space to work with), I'll just break it down like this. Those who have left are mostly those who had moved into the slums of the eastern cities, and I believe the actual manpower numbers is 240, give or take about 10. The ones who remain are predominantly those in the western provinces, who have since settled in those regions and returned/settled in Scottson. Needless to say, those in the now-majority western towns (though perhaps not provinces as a whole) are less interested in becoming citizens than those who have remained in the eastern provinces. Similarly, none, being American, are really enthusiastic about learning Swedish, which is a bit of a sore point for most adults, though they obviously are willing to learn enough to swear and ask if you want a beverage with your food. As for your wonderfully described mounties (God, I wish my photoshop skills were better so I could have included a picture) they are resented by the majority-American settlements where they are seen as unwelcome invaders, particularly since they frown upon the rampant smuggling and unregistered trading going on across the border with the ATA. Overall though, they are resented as an arm of a government that a lot of these settlers don't really recognize as their own.

As another thing

To: Those Concerned With the Affairs in the United States

In the course of events, it becomes a requisite for a nation to adapt to a new world. Therefore, the following proclamation will dictate a new course for the American people and nation:

1. Within five years of the conclusion of the war, slavery will be brought to a compensated end in the territories of the United States of America.

2. No mass executions will take place of any captured proletarist rebels nor will retaliations be taken upon any of their families.

3. Upon the conclusion of the war, full suffrage will be extended to all white males in the United States, regardless of military service records. Only those with military service will still be allowed to hold political office.

4. Constitutionally mandated elections will resume in 1916 under the new legislation, states currently in rebellion, will obviously retain their current Congressmen until the rebellion has been quelled.

The Allied Territories of America continues to recognize the authority of the legitimate federal government.

The Confederation would like to announce that, after long consideration and exhaustive negotiations, we have decided to send an military force to North America to assist in the suppression of the Proletarist revolutionaries in the southern states of the former extent of the USA. We are not fighting them on the grounds that they are Proletarists, but on the grounds that they are anathema to all who prize order and the rule of law, and on the basis that they are mass-murderers.

Accordingly, we are sending a force to Charleston to defend the Federal government. This is subject to the implementation of President Hayes' Four-Point Plan. The Confederation will defend the Federal government against the Proletarists.

The Confederation hopes to experience the cooperation of all relevant anti-proletarist factions, and is willing to cooperate in return as necessary. If the UAR unnecessarily attacks the Federal front lines, we will react accordingly in defence of the Federal government, and we particularly earnestly hope that when the Proletarists are eliminated then the matter will be capable of a peaceable solution. Federal soldiers are under orders not to shoot when they meet UAR lines, and we hope that, provisionally at least, the UAR soldiers will be under similar orders for the sake of bringing this war to a swift and reasonable conclusion.

Argentina notes that there is no provision for allowed political parties. The one party system is as much to blame for this as the voting restrictions. Which of it's former territories does the United States consider to be in rebellion?

Brazil and Britain have been assured by the Franco-Burgundian Confederation that this is not a force to be used against non-Proletarist factions in the American Civil War.

Opposition parties, we have been privately been assured, will be allowed, and our support of the Federal government is conditional upon it.

The Confederation will only take offensive action in the case of the Proletarists, and otherwise will only defend the Federal government in case of unwarranted encroachment on territory under its control. If the Federal government becomes the first to shoot at any non-Proletarist faction, then we will not help them.

Top Bottom