Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I am sure I have done silly but can anybody help me figure why in the last wtwo games SVN Druidism wasn't founded when I reached it.

Could Divine Prophets be on somehow? If it is how do I turn ot off?

Thanks

I am sure I have done silly but can anybody help me figure why in the last wtwo games SVN Druidism wasn't founded when I reached it.

Could Divine Prophets be on somehow? If it is how do I turn ot off?

Thanks

It could be one explanation. On either one it could simply be you didn't get there first. If the AI gets there the round you think you would it can be somewhat confusing. A message would show this if not on DP and if you are, the AI can get there first AND not found the religions with the prophet which can lead to you having no way of knowing what happened exactly.

Any option can be turned off or on in the game options menu in the world builder BUT if you do that now you effectively kill the religion for good since no civ obtained it when the first civ reached the tech. The religion would also still be up for grabs so if you can BIRTH a Great Prophet you still can found it.

It could be one explanation. On either one it could simply be you didn't get there first. If the AI gets there the round you think you would it can be somewhat confusing. A message would show this if not on DP and if you are, the AI can get there first AND not found the religions with the prophet which can lead to you having no way of knowing what happened exactly.

Any option can be turned off or on in the game options menu in the world builder BUT if you do that now you effectively kill the religion for good since no civ obtained it when the first civ reached the tech. The religion would also still be up for grabs so if you can BIRTH a Great Prophet you still can found it.

#
It's not shown as founded in the religion advisor.....

Didnt know about gmae options menu in world buioder, will check

Yeah then about the only way would be if you're playing on Limited Religions and you've already got one OR you're playing on Divine Prophets and the AI got the prophet before you did and cleverly didn't use it for the religion because they have something else in mind for the prophet.

OR you're playing on Divine Prophets and the AI got the prophet before you did and cleverly didn't use it for the religion because they have something else in mind for the prophet.

This is more than likely what happened, this happens ALL the time.

I am not playing with Divine Prophets and the symbol was still on Druidism and Shamanism, so I was the first to discover them, but I too, did not see any note of them being founded. I did get Tengriism though, so it is just those first two.

I am not playing with Divine Prophets and the symbol was still on Druidism and Shamanism, so I was the first to discover them, but I too, did not see any note of them being founded. I did get Tengriism though, so it is just those first two.

Really? That's unexplainable from my perspective.

Is it possible to make it so trails, roads, etc can only be built inside your own borders? This would put brakes on expansion because you cannot connect your cities easily. Also put a stop to barbarians building roads all over the place trying to connect their cities. And it has to be your own borders, you cannot go building a road thru another civ. Or how about another trade option, not just open borders but allowed to build in another civ, at a cost for each such improvement, and the money goes to that civ. I am thinking of the USA rebuilding war damaged countries after WW2.

I feel that Food Caravans are very over powered. I can take a city from 1 pop to 6 or more very quickly. Also I think they should be built with food not hammers, after all you are shipping food, not production. And lower the amount of food they deliver, perhaps only give 1/4 the amount of food used to produce the caravan.

Yeah I definitely don't have Divine Prophets on

Is it possible to make it so trails, roads, etc can only be built inside your own borders? This would put brakes on expansion because you cannot connect your cities easily

That's a ridiculous idea, as far as I'm concerned. Your cities would not share resources, except by river or coast, for a very long time.

hey guys i am trying to redesign the tech tree for c2c, i have 0 coding skill so everything is theorethic work done on excel file showing the tech and gameplay concepts, the thing is i have no diea who to send the file pls message me if ur interested in taking a look id be happy to send u the file

Then how about having the roads degrade quickly into nothing? After all, overland trade between Rome and Greece was VERY dangerous, better to go by boat. That danger is not represented at all with roads going between your cities out in the wild. The sandstorm event only takes out a road inside your borders, and the AI never, ever pillages a road that is not inside an empires borders. So if you want an overland route between Jerusalem and Thebes in 3000 BC, you will have to have crews out constantly repairing it.

Furthermore, once you reach paved roads, all roads, railroads and such, in your empire should cost maintenance for upkeep. You do not just build a superhighway and not ever have to keep repaving and repairing it.

@charlesb96 Why do you hate roads so much!? Please state the problem first before you offer solutions.

Roads costing maintenance sounds like an idea. It would certainly help curtail some of the runaway economy.

@charlesb96 Why do you hate roads so much!? Please state the problem first before you offer solutions.

I do not hate roads, I just think that they need to be more realistic. Any roadway will degrade over time without constant upkeep. And any road, trail, path, that goes thru wilderness needs even more upkeep because of its infrequent use.

Then how about having the roads degrade quickly into nothing? After all, overland trade between Rome and Greece was VERY dangerous, better to go by boat. That danger is not represented at all with roads going between your cities out in the wild. The sandstorm event only takes out a road inside your borders, and the AI never, ever pillages a road that is not inside an empires borders. So if you want an overland route between Jerusalem and Thebes in 3000 BC, you will have to have crews out constantly repairing it.

Furthermore, once you reach paved roads, all roads, railroads and such, in your empire should cost maintenance for upkeep. You do not just build a superhighway and not ever have to keep repaving and repairing it.

Agreed... however, on considering this a bit it would be tough, particularly on roads outside the empire, to assign the cost to the proper player without it costing what may be a bit too much in memory. Might be doable but advisable? Not sure. Information stored on plots needs to be kept to a minimum.

Another thing... you should then be able to designate road plots you no longer care to support so that the dynamic takes on more meaning than another general source of upkeep. That would offer another layer of complexity to the project as well.

That is why I thought of the degrading of roads outside of empire borders, no need to remember who built it, it will degrade after x number of turns anyway.

Ensnare gives +10% to capture, does that apply to subduing animals as well?

Having any more lingering effects is a bad idea, I think. The simplest change would be to charge for road-building, say 5 or 10 gold a pop, with mountain roads considerably more expensive. Make people think twice about building roads everywhere, but don't penalise them after the fact.

Agreed... however, on considering this a bit it would be tough, particularly on roads outside the empire, to assign the cost to the proper player without it costing what may be a bit too much in memory. Might be doable but advisable? Not sure. Information stored on plots needs to be kept to a minimum.
Imo:
Only roads inside borders cost maintanance but roads outside has a random small chance of degrading/disappearing (due to lack of oversight) each turn. Newer roads should have higher maintainance cost than older.

Would require workers on automate to learn how to not make roads everywhere and to build high maintenance roads to connect cities and low maintenance roads to connect resources and defensive plot improvements.
PS: I manually control most of my workers; but this shouldn't be forced on all players of C2C.

This would make infrastructure a lot more interesting.

Edit: Degrading after a fixed number of turns is perhaps better for mod performance.

Top Bottom