Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Right now i dont want to go off on the beatin' path. Lets stick to the plan and start going on to the next era, then the next, and get those turn times down. Then once "we" get what we want then we can go wild with stuff. Hows that sound?

Well ok then however can you take out the Apache civ then from the core C2C mod then until we work out the whole "wonder civs" stuff? I mean that civ already is over powerful compared to the other civs in that it has tons of units like 3 buildings and clutters the tree with inaccessible units. In short please do not include it in the next update.

@Hydro (Everyone):
Hows does the screenie look?

Looks good. Black should fit well. I still have to update my flow chart sometime with all these new techs.

Well ok then however can you take out the Apache civ then from the core C2C mod then until we work out the whole "wonder civs" stuff? I mean that civ already is over powerful compared to the other civs in that it has tons of units like 3 buildings and clutters the tree with inaccessible units. In short please do not include it in the next update.

Looks good. Black should fit well. I still have to update my flow chart sometime with all these new techs.

I always take out the civ i used to have, i put one in a month then gone, if you haven't noticed already, i guess not.:p

Nope colors for the new era's do NOT work no matter what you put there, for some reason:crazyeye: So it the same as modern/transhuman/galactic/future. I am no good at that python stuff.

@DH here's the next turn: Its the RevDCM freeze/turn bug again.

I always take out the civ i used to have, i put one in a month then gone, if you haven't noticed already, i guess not.:p

Really? What civ was last time? I guess i only noticed because of the listing on the unit upgrade tree.

Nope colors for the new era's do NOT work no matter what you put there, for some reason:crazyeye: So it the same as modern/transhuman/galactic/future. I am no good at that python stuff.

Hmm. I thought Civ_Fuhrer got it to work for AToM when he put the era in. You may want to PM him to ask how he did it.

Also do you want me to start posting the new tech info for the space techs?

@DH here's the next turn: Its the RevDCM freeze/turn bug again.

I noticed. ;)

Thanks, my current game has not had the freeze yet. Not good enough answer. We got rid of the BarbCiv which is part of RevDCM because "we" have not updated it for the C2C buildings, eras etc. So what is causing this one? It is a pity we can't move to the latest RevDCM it even has MP working mostly.

@strategyonly

Ok so here are the first batch of Space related techs.

-----

Astronautics
Tech Req: Satellites
Cost: Same as Satellites

-----

Astro-Environmental Systems (Re-Name Space Flight)
Tech Req: Astronautics
Cost: Same Cost

-----

Astrogeology
Tech Req: Modern Seismology AND (Space Stations OR Orbital Flight)
Cost: 14000

-----------------

On a side note "Gene Manipulation" should be moved back to 1 to the left of "Cloning". I have no idea why its way out there to the far right.

The same goes for "Stealth" which should be moved back to one above "Extreme Sports".

I will post more later.

OK. turning off BarbCiv doesn't turn it off!:( Which is why I am getting the freeze. I know it is not turned off even though I have it off because two sets of barbs settled down into civs.

Other things:-
  • No diplo music.
  • I captured a tribe and got a worker not a gatherer as I was expecting. Or is this working as designed?
  • I need to make the Ngai religion like the Druid, Shaman and Tengri and allow their temples to be built earlier.
  • For some reason "wood gatherer" does not appear to be upgrading to Lumberjack! Not sure if it is just a text thing or really not happening.

DH,
Did their new Cities have any Human units in them? In Version 8 new Civs from Barbs had this problem.

And I went in 1st turn Ver. 9 to specifically check to see if Barb Civ could be turned off. I didn't find that option. Do I need to go into the .ini or someplace similar and change a value from true to False or 1 to 0?

I don't want Barb Civ on.

JosEPh

OK. turning off BarbCiv doesn't turn it off!:( Which is why I am getting the freeze. I know it is not turned off even though I have it off because two sets of barbs settled down into civs.

DH,
Did their new Cities have any Human units in them? In Version 8 new Civs from Barbs had this problem.

And I went in 1st turn Ver. 9 to specifically check to see if Barb Civ could be turned off. I didn't find that option. Do I need to go into the .ini or someplace similar and change a value from true to False or 1 to 0?

I don't want Barb Civ on.

JosEPh

OK i talking to jdog5000 about the Barb Civ and i think i got it all deleted for the next version, i haven't been able to completely try it out yet, i am still working on later v9 stuff.

But this is what he said, all i can say is be very careful in what you do, any always have a back-up copy just incase.

"Delete the Barbarian Civ python file and then any references to it in the other python files (the one which registers events, don't remember the name ... ).

That should do it. " Again be careful. I dont know which one registers events either, so i am just winging it.

btw does anyone know how to get the correct colors working in the Tech Tree?

OK i talking to jdog5000 about the Barb Civ and i think i got it all deleted for the next version, i haven't been able to complete try it out yet, i am still working on later v9 stuff.

But this is what he said, all i can say is be very careful in what you do, any always have a back-up copy just incase.

"Delete the Barbarian Civ python file and then any references to it in the other python files (the one which registers events, don't remember the name ... ).

That should do it. " Again be careful. I dont know which one registers events either, so i am just winging it.

I have just done just that with BarbCiv but only BarbCiv.py so we can put it back when we figure out what is going on. It is too useful a game option;).

On another note I have fixed an unreported bug in the mainscreen (whould go strange if you had 17+ corps) and may have got rid of those pesky "help" error messages also. I need to test it. I think I will just get this done and post an update, if that is OK.

@DH: While you're working on Ngaism, take note that Yaruba has the same issue.

It is certainly a shame the barb civs aren't working too well... but I'd rather it were off than causing problems.

A very small patch. It just gets rid of the BarbCiv freeze by deleting the code. Also fixes Ngai religion/missionaries. Also gets rid of a very few informative type errors that bug me.

The compressed file contains the assets folder...

@DH: While you're working on Ngaism, take note that Yaruba has the same issue./QUOTE]

Yoruba is working fine in my test:confused:

A very small patch. It just gets rid of the BarbCiv freeze by deleting the code. Also fixes Ngai religion/missionaries. Also gets rid of a very few informative type errors that bug me.

The compressed file contains the assets folder...

Get this with the Barb Civ now:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "RevolutionInit", line 107, in onGameLoad
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'BarbarianCivInst'

I was probably noting a different issue. I realize now you were saying that the Ngai buildings weren't being accessed in the correct era/tech and that's not the problem with Yoruba... I thought you were saying about how you could only build half their buildings if you had 'adopted' the religion only. Used to be the case for Shamanism and Druidism but has changed since and now Ngai and Yoruba still remain as having quite a few buildings that can only be built if the religion is adopted. I'm not if this was intentional to leave them that way or not.

Get this with the Barb Civ now:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "RevolutionInit", line 107, in onGameLoad
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'BarbarianCivInst'

OK, I'll look into it.

BTW what is poetry doing in the renaissance? It predates writing and probably would be a better name for knowledge management. It was formalised in the classic period. Don't remember anything major happening to in in the renaissance.

I was probably noting a different issue. I realize now you were saying that the Ngai buildings weren't being accessed in the correct era/tech and that's not the problem with Yoruba... I thought you were saying about how you could only build half their buildings if you had 'adopted' the religion only. Used to be the case for Shamanism and Druidism but has changed since and now Ngai and Yoruba still remain as having quite a few buildings that can only be built if the religion is adopted. I'm not if this was intentional to leave them that way or not.

Theoretically, for each religion you should be able to build the temple and missionary building but not build any others unless it is your state religion. In some the temple is the missionary building. Somewhere along the way this has changed. I will go back and "make it so".;)

OK, I'll look into it.

BTW what is poetry doing in the renaissance? It predates writing and probably would be a better name for knowledge management. It was formalised in the classic period. Don't remember anything major happening to in in the renaissance.

Poetry is in the Classical Era, grid 34 X 3.:mischief:

It comes just below Music which is in the Renaissance.

I have not been able to build any horse units nor caravans. I know I should be able to because I completed the stable quest. I have built mammoths.

I just looked it says Classical, HUH? Hydro, what say you?

All Mounted units have now changed, you must have BUILDING_HORSE_FARM, as a Preq before it now appears. Which now means you must have a bonus_horse in-vicinity.

Hydro's suggestion.:p

I just looked it says Classical, HUH? Hydro, what say you?

All Mounted units have now changed, you must have BUILDING_HORSE_FARM, as a Preq before it now appears. Which now means you must have a bonus_horse in-vicinity.

Hydro's suggestion.:p

But caravans don't need horses:confused: they just need people to carry the stuff. I know the graphic has cows. Also in vanilla chariots don't need horses either.

I have played 4 games and not been able to build horse units:sigh:. The current one I will.

There is still a graphic glitch in there somewhere. Panning will cause crash sometimes and I had the flashing and can't save CTD.

But caravans don't need horses:confused: they just need people to carry the stuff. I know the graphic has cows. Also in vanilla chariots don't need horses either.

I have played 4 games and not been able to build horse units:sigh:. The current one I will.

There is still a graphic glitch in there somewhere. Panning will cause crash sometimes and I had the flashing and can't save CTD.

I forgot about caravans: Well they now have to have BUILDING_CARAVAN_POST which now means you needs a Bazaar Preq, now that goes for any animal farm also.

I STILL say all this graphic glitch/CTD's/flashing and stuff has to do with RevDCM. Cause i never ever (as you know) play with Rev and i NEVER have any flashing, but that could also means sense you mentioned graphics, that its pulling to much memory from the graphics card, and used too much core memory also, if i remember right (ie 32 bit)? But this is just "my" opinion.

I also never play on anything above Epic Speed.:pat:

Also i haven't completely gone thru all the VD stuff and there might be some stuff there that might be doing weird stuff also, just like the barbarian ArtStyles were.

Looks like Hydro is missing lately:mischief:

v9 game up to 159BC. No Rev, No Barb Civ, No Vassals, No Inquistions set at start up with 7 AI on Archipelago Map, Huge, Marathon speed, Noble level. So far turns are smooth and only take about 30 secs to process. Have reached Medieval Era.

Assassins, with them I no longer need to build workers! I just steal all of my neighbors! lol

2/3's of my workers are Mayan and by stealing his workers I have effectively stunted his growth. I could conquer him very easily but am currently using him as a buffer between me and Montezuma. Truly an "Evil" unit is the assassin. :D

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom