Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Can't play the mod. After it loads I get the inicial menu but there is no text! I don't know what to do, help!

What I was thinking of doing with the Sea Lion resource was
  • Not place it in the same way as other resources but have a post map script which placed it on coastal plots only and on some of the single plot islands.
  • Have it represent seal, sea lion and walrus colonies.
  • have vicinity buildings that require this resource and provide fur and/or ivory.

All this assumes that I can figure out which bits of land are next to the sea. ;) Merging it with the goody island code might be the way to go. Especially if I can figure out how to make the islands themselves optional, as has been requested by some people.

On Subdue Animals - I am making some big changes. The hunting lodge has gone (actually it has just been renamed) and different animals can build its replacement. There are more sea creature based buildings and I think I have the cow unit working. Unfortunately expanding it to include a butcher option or a place resource option will require python call backs and may be too slow. Currently what I am doing is conflicting both with the Great farmer mod and the Immigration mod.

On the Great Farmer mod we, NotSoGood and I, may have a way of speeding it up further and making it not conflict with Subdue Animals resource placement.

Edit: SaibotLieh has just published a walrus resource so I don't need to use the one resource for all three animals.

Just because everyone keeps telling me it can't be done and because saibotlieh just published the graphics attached are two new resources rabbits and sea lions. they are not game ready and I have not done anything to allow workers to build the improvements but none of the problems that occur when you go over the limit are happening! I have even included a picture.

Not game ready just a teaser.:lol:

Nice. I will have to adjust my "Seal Hunter's Camp" and "Rabbit Traps" buildings when you get these working. In addition i was thinking of putting in a "Walrus Hunter's Camp" which should fit in nicely for this.

Nice. I will have to adjust my "Seal Hunter's Camp" and "Rabbit Traps" buildings when you get these working. In addition i was thinking of putting in a "Walrus Hunter's Camp" which should fit in nicely for this.

I probably wont put in rabbits, vermin that they are, mostly because they are almost everywhere.

Can't play the mod. After it loads I get the inicial menu but there is no text! I don't know what to do, help!

Do you have a version of Rise of Mankind Or A New Dawn in your BtS/Mod folder?

Did you place the C2C Mod in the Program Files....../BtS/Mod Path?

What Language are you playing CIV IV with? English?

If you have RoM or AND versions in the Mod folder Remove them to a folder Outside of the Firaxis game path/directory. As they will interfere with C2C, since it is based off of these 2 mods.

JosEPh :)

I probably wont put in rabbits, vermin that they are, mostly because they are almost everywhere.

see attached

What I was thinking of doing with the Sea Lion resource was
  • Not place it in the same way as other resources but have a post map script which placed it on coastal plots only and on some of the single plot islands.
  • Have it represent seal, sea lion and walrus colonies.
  • have vicinity buildings that require this resource and provide fur and/or ivory.

All this assumes that I can figure out which bits of land are next to the sea. ;) Merging it with the goody island code might be the way to go. Especially if I can figure out how to make the islands themselves optional, as has been requested by some people.

On Subdue Animals - I am making some big changes. The hunting lodge has gone (actually it has just been renamed) and different animals can build its replacement. There are more sea creature based buildings and I think I have the cow unit working. Unfortunately expanding it to include a butcher option or a place resource option will require python call backs and may be too slow. Currently what I am doing is conflicting both with the Great farmer mod and the Immigration mod.

On the Great Farmer mod we, NotSoGood and I, may have a way of speeding it up further and making it not conflict with Subdue Animals resource placement.

Edit: SaibotLieh has just published a walrus resource so I don't need to use the one resource for all three animals.

Great news then on the SA and AP, darn good work and sticking to something that are great modcomps, i thank you.

Do you have a version of Rise of Mankind Or A New Dawn in your BtS/Mod folder?

Did you place the C2C Mod in the Program Files....../BtS/Mod Path?

What Language are you playing CIV IV with? English?

If you have RoM or AND versions in the Mod folder Remove them to a folder Outside of the Firaxis game path/directory. As they will interfere with C2C, since it is based off of these 2 mods.

JosEPh :)

Thx for answering.

Nope, not a laptop. I'll look into the card, thing, and yes it's installed in the correct spot. Generally I'm gtg with installs and such, this has just got me stumped. :crazyeye: Thanks for the reply.
Well it appears that the 32-bits was the cause for my problems:badcomp:, I installed 64-bits of Win 7, and well everything is nice again, works fine now :whew:

see attached

Great news then on the SA and AP, darn good work and sticking to something that are great modcomps, i thank you.

I have never been able to get the killer rabbit to work in game :(

We may have to change the way we approached Animal Placement (or not) but to get it to work with Subdue Animals I will need to use a different approach and add in a bunch of action buttons. What I would like to do is make it modular but currently it requires editing the main interface python code.

I have some minor speed fixes for the Goody Island including disabling it if the no goody hut option is selected. I know some people what this. Just about to test it along with a more intelligent placement function for sea lion and walrus colonies.

I get the following error sometimes when I play with the Culturally Linked start option
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 262, in assignCulturallyLinkedStarts

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 277, in __init__

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 291, in __initRWCoordinatesList

KeyError: 0
ERR: Python function assignCulturallyLinkedStarts failed, module CvCultureLinkInterface

At a guess i would say that a civ has not been defined in the list in CvCultureLinkInterface.py in python/entrypoints.

Edit: Oh and attached is the new GoodyIsland code slightly faster and now if the "No Tribal village" option is selected you don't get goody islands either.

Just the python code included. Goes in Assets/python/StrategyOnly. Not a good idea to put it there while civ is running.

@StrategyOnly, Hydromancerx, et al at one time in RoM a CTD would sometimes occur if a non-siege unit did collateral damage. Do you know if this was fixed? in RevDCM or by Afforess? I only ask because we have a number of non-siege units that cause collateral damage and so may be causeing some of the CTDs.

I get the following error sometimes when I play with the Culturally Linked start option
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 262, in assignCulturallyLinkedStarts

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 277, in __init__

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 291, in __initRWCoordinatesList

KeyError: 0
ERR: Python function assignCulturallyLinkedStarts failed, module CvCultureLinkInterface

At a guess i would say that a civ has not been defined in the list in CvCultureLinkInterface.py in python/entrypoints.

Edit: Oh and attached is the new GoodyIsland code slightly faster and now if the "No Tribal village" option is selected you don't get goody islands either.

Just the python code included. Goes in Assets/python/StrategyOnly. Not a good idea to put it there while civ is running.

@StrategyOnly, Hydromancerx, et al at one time in RoM a CTD would sometimes occur if a non-siege unit did collateral damage. Do you know if this was fixed? in RevDCM or by Afforess? I only ask because we have a number of non-siege units that cause collateral damage and so may be causeing some of the CTDs.

Then why does Firaxis have this:

UNIT_CHINA_CHOKONU
<iCollateralDamage>50</iCollateralDamage>
<iCollateralDamageLimit>60</iCollateralDamageLimit>
<iCollateralDamageMaxUnits>5</iCollateralDamageMaxUnits>

Other than that there are fighters, bombers, ships, swarms, droid

btw, thx for the GI fix.

No idea.

@strategyonly

Here is the Galactic Era image you requested. Its a composite image of the Civ4 Spaceship, SMAC and a cool galaxy image. (See Attachment)

Attachments

• galacticerapic.jpg
    galacticerapic.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 396
The help text error is not happening for improvements "Stone tools workshop" I & II or "scavenging camp". It is happening for "Seed camp" and "Wood gatherer". Weird.:confused:

As you probably are aware if a building gives a bonus that is used by a Corporation or Guild then one of three things happen
  1. an infinite loop
  2. f the building is built first then the Corporation(s) that use the resource can't be founded by your nation.
  3. If the corporation is founded first then the building wont produce that resource.

This was causing a problem with Subdue Animals but was fixed way back. It is also the cause of the Aluminium building not producing aluminium.

I have taken the code from SA and am testing a new mod which just fixes this problem. It should be ready in the next day or two as should be the mod to add Sea Lion and Walrus colonies to the map in a more realistic way than the map generators do.;)

I think I have a fix for the Immigration mod not working but I need someone else to test it.

The help text error is not happening for improvements "Stone tools workshop" I & II or "scavenging camp". It is happening for "Seed camp" and "Wood gatherer". Weird.:confused:

As you probably are aware if a building gives a bonus that is used by a Corporation or Guild then one of three things happen
  1. an infinite loop
  2. f the building is built first then the Corporation(s) that use the resource can't be founded by your nation.
  3. If the corporation is founded first then the building wont produce that resource.

This was causing a problem with Subdue Animals but was fixed way back. It is also the cause of the Aluminum building not producing aluminum.

I have taken the code from SA and am testing a new mod which just fixes this problem. It should be ready in the next day or two as should be the mod to add Sea Lion and Walrus colonies to the map in a more realistic way than the map generators do.;)

I think I have a fix for the Immigration mod not working but I need someone else to test it.

If you find any fixes anyplace in the MOD. PLS change them as long as its better for ANYTHING in C2C, thx.

I need someone else to test it, anyone? I took it out of my game folders already.

@Hydro, let me know when you have some time, i got, i think all the Galactic Techs in and they are REALLY messed up badly. All over the place, so i need to know when to send you the XML/Python/Config folder for the Galactic Era changes.

Do you think "we" need to get rid of the Corporations/Guilds then? I personally really dont use them that much anyways. Ideas/suggestions/comments:

I have been working on Modern Era and later testing for now, so i am in the waiting for turn time stuff, but now at least its under 2 minutes , i started with 17 civs am down to 8 civs now on a Large/Huge map (Narnia). I have only had 2 , so called hiccups and that was waaay back in the Classical Era.

EDIT: DH:

I get the error message even now in the Modern Era but ONLY when i hover over the city? I would put the pics up, but for some reason CFC will now not take JPG files?:crazyeye:

@Hydro, let me know when you have some time, i got, i think all the Galactic Techs in and they are REALLY messed up badly. All over the place, so i need to know when to send you the XML/Python/Config folder for the Galactic Era changes.

Are they new or taken from he old AToM files? If they are tken from the old AToM files then they are going to be super messed up. Which means we have to put them in from scratch.

And I would like to take a look.

EDIT:

@strategyonly

Here are the icons for the techs I requested. (See Attachment)

- Candle Making
- Oil Lamps
- Whaling
- Gas Lighting

EDIT2:
For some reason i cannot post an attachment. :(

Ok, a couple of issues present now in playtesting:

1) Alpaca units aren't able to enter peak spaces.

2) Can't put cities on desert (annoying!) - I think I mentioned this one before and didn't see any response on it.

I'm sure there was something else but I can't recall at the moment...

Sorry I haven't had much time to address things on my end. I will state I'm happy to see turn times reduced but stability and quality effects are more important in my opinion. In the case of animal placement, its worth a bit more turn time so long as its working correctly.

I'm intrigued to see just how many resources may be added without suffering various problems (and understanding the aforementioned issue regarding resource generating buildings and corporations/guilds (removing them??? are you kidding? the only reason they don't seem too valuable right now is because of the imbalance created in the maintenance system that hydro is thankfully working to repair right now (thanks H! - if you want some direct feedback I'm happy for you to pm me what adjustments you're planning there and I'll look it over and give you my impressions) I've been looking forward to really exploring the additional corporations that were put in place since I last played AND and I just never get to that point before we've overwhelmed the balance of power too greatly to make the game lose all meaning to continue(I think we may need to actually play Deity level for a fair fight))

Ok... got lost a bit in all the sub thoughts there but yeah... for the most part, so far so good.

Made perfect sense to me. :)

I also have a similar (annoying) restriction to city placement, swamp/marsh, especially marsh. I'd also like to see alligator resource for swamps like Vincentz has done in VIP.

JosEPh

Made perfect sense to me. :)

I also have a similar (annoying) restriction to city placement, swamp/marsh, especially marsh. I'd also like to see alligator resource for swamps like Vincentz has done in VIP.

JosEPh

Then go ahead and write Vincent and ask him if he'd like to do that portion then for C2C also, just to get things looking and feeling better. I just dont have the time right now, because of the NEW Galactic Era i am putting in the mod.;)

This mod, stone age wise is awesome. One quick question. It appears the poison building is broken. After i built it, not one of the units I built there had the promotion. Just to let you know...

This mod, stone age wise is awesome. One quick question. It appears the poison building is broken. After i built it, not one of the units I built there had the promotion. Just to let you know...

Its on my "to do" list to fix and ultimately redo. I just have a lot on my plate right now and little time to do it all.

There are two national wonders in the stone age which effectively can only be built in your capital. then there are a number of later national wonders which also need to be in your capital. This restricts what you can do with the capital.

One of the stone age wonders does not need to be a wonder or national wonder, because it obsoletes before you can build your second city. I am talking about the building Cave Dwelling. I suggest it become a normal building but with the same stats. What do you think.

Similarly I think we can use the same method to bring back "Skara brae" (great Engineer) and the "Lascaux Cave Paintings" (Great Artist). To bring some varity to the early great people.

Top Bottom