Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I there anyone playing Caveman2Cosmos who might possibly buy CIVILIZATION 7 when it comes out just out of curiosity; but thinks they will probably continue playing this MOD most of the time; Because it is so much BETTER??? This is my current game!!!

Attachments

• OskGH November 8, AD-1883.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6 MB · Views: 3
I there anyone playing Caveman2Cosmos who might possibly buy CIVILIZATION 7 when it comes out just out of curiosity; but thinks they will probably continue playing this MOD most of the time; Because it is so much BETTER??? This is my current game!!!
For me, Civilization died with Civ 4. Everything afterwards is unplayable simply due to the GRID method change. I have zero wish to play with "tile-buildings" in Civ.
So, unless Civ 7 goes back to "buildings belong INSIDE cities" (which it WON'T, I betcha), I won't give a quack about it.

For me, Civilization died with Civ 4. Everything afterwards is unplayable simply due to the GRID method change. I have zero wish to play with "tile-buildings" in Civ.
So, unless Civ 7 goes back to "buildings belong INSIDE cities" (which it WON'T, I betcha), I won't give a quack about it.
same here, hate everything after Civ 4

I LOVE THE WAY WE CAN MOVE OUR UNITS IN 8 DIRECTIONS AND BUILD INCREDIBLE STACKS OF DOOM AND TONS OF NATIONAL AND WORLD WONDERS AND UNITS AND BUILDINGS AND EXPLORE THE UNIVERSE AND HAVE A NEVER ENDING TECH TREE!!! IS THERE A CHANCE THAT MAYBE A DOZEN OF US WHO LOVE C2C COULD SHARE A FEW BEERS with SID MEIER SOMEDAY???

One thing I will say is that some of the Graphics have improved since Civ IV Beyond the Sword but the Games have definitely gotten more boring. IMHO!!!

I don't think it's "awful" (or they wouldn't have all these sales) - we are just USED to a "better version", so TO US it's "who asked you to do this with your hands tied behind your butt", lol.

I have bought every Civ since Civ 2 and this mod puts the others to shame, I am being totally serious!!!!

I have bought every Civ since Civ 2 and this mod puts the others to shame, I am being totally serious!!!!
Totally agree, but the point is that Civ 5/6 is using a much WORSE mechanic for no logical reasons - and it still gets bought by newer players who MISSED Civ 4 in its time.
That's just plain SAD, because Civ 7 totally should be Civ 4 reimagined for modern MEMORY capabilities - just imagine THAT, dammit.
We'd be able to EASILY play with 100 (or 200) civs ON-SCREEN, lol.
And yes, I've TESTED it myself - it's doable, the problem is strictly the MEMORY LIMITS.
Here, lol:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/beyond-40-civs.675404/#post-16234615
So, again, it's just the MEMORY ISSUE, dammit.

I used to play the "Fall From Heaven" mod quite a bit and I still have it but I have been totally consumed with this mod recently and ever since it came out Thank You So Much Somebody613 and the whole C2C team from all of its History!! Have a Good Evening All!!

I used to play the "Fall From Heaven" mod quite a bit and I still have it but I have been totally consumed with this mod recently and ever since it came out Thank You So Much Somebody613 and the whole C2C team from all of its History!! Have a Good Evening All!!
Fun fact: I'm not a part of the C2C team. Well, I'm a bit of a "tester", but so are YOU.
As of FFH and MoM, I absolutely hope that we'll get functional (that is, "cumulatively-resource-buyable") Equipment in C2C... eventually, lol.

I think we have an amazing future still to come that should be absolutely fantastically mindblowing.
My mind was blown this year when I made it to the space age on a large ring world map with a 20+ MB save file!
A 12MB save file was practically unplayable for me a couple years ago.
On top of it, yall added my proposed feature and fixed my 2 bug reports within weeks this year.
Thank you!

My mind was blown this year when I made it to the space age on a large ring world map with a 20+ MB save file!
A 12MB save file was practically unplayable for me a couple years ago.
On top of it, yall added my proposed feature and fixed my 2 bug reports within weeks this year.
Thank you!
When they aren't busy with Real Life, the C2C team are amazingly RESPONSIVE and HELPFUL.
It just makes the mod so much better, loool.

Top Bottom