Caveman 2 Cosmos

does anyone noticed that every future tech was taken out ? i mean is it intend because someone redo the techs or is this a bug ?

Thanks for this great mod.

does anyone noticed that every future tech was taken out ? i mean is it intend because someone redo the techs or is this a bug ?

Thanks for this great mod.

Sound like the no future tech switch was triggered. Can someone look into this. Its not suppose to be that way. In fact it that feature should totally be removed so this will not happen again.

Except some people want to play with future techs turned off.

But won't that break things? If they turn it off then there will be a big gap between the trans-human era techs and the Galactic Era techs.

It could see it working for RoM/AND but not C2C where we added all this additional stuff on the end.

In addition if they are playing C2C I would think they would expect the Cosmos side of the game anyways. I mean its in the name. Not "Caveman to Modern".

In short I don't think we can keep that as a feature anymore and should get rid of the ability to turn it off.

DLL CTD when I hit end turn (crash isn't instant, goes after some AI movements) (that's in WinXP, also tried in win 7 and there it does not crash but infinite WfoC, uhh, maybe it's just me, or new fat bug?)

savegame attached (svn rev400):

Sound like the no future tech switch was triggered. Can someone look into this. Its not suppose to be that way. In fact it that feature should totally be removed so this will not happen again.

As it is right now, it jumps from transhuman to galactic, no future techs included. Upon investigation, it isn't in the "no future techs" option (that option is hidden and turned off by default). Rather, it seems as though the future techs were manually removed. It goes from transhuman to galactic instead. In the technologies xml, there are only 3 disparate "future" techs: Cold fusion, promotion, and religion. Whatever removed the future techs did a pretty good job of it.

Personally, this bums me out. I like the future era, even though I've NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS had a game that lasted long enough to get to the future era.

edit: apparently this has been around since v15...
edit2: Looking at the tech tree, it seems as though the transhuman and galactic eras do not have some missing giant tech leap. They flow together rather seamlessly. Whoever edited the future techs knew what they were doing.

Hydromancerx wants me to change the Ivory resource to elephants and make Ivory a good. As I haven't yet, I haven't got round to changing the resource provided by that building either.
That's was before we knew there was a limit to the resources. Please do not do that. Just leave things the way they are. So Mammoths can give mammoths or whatever. As long as no new resources are used up. We need to save the last resource space for the red alien fungi.

I can just make an ivory building that requires Mammoths, Elephants or Walrus and then have it give a free Good (Ivory).

Then, please change it to mammoth.

As it is right now, it jumps from transhuman to galactic, no future techs included. Upon investigation, it isn't in the "no future techs" option (that option is hidden and turned off by default). Rather, it seems as though the future techs were manually removed. It goes from transhuman to galactic instead. In the technologies xml, there are only 3 disparate "future" techs: Cold fusion, promotion, and religion. Whatever removed the future techs did a pretty good job of it.

Personally, this bums me out. I like the future era, even though I've NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS had a game that lasted long enough to get to the future era.

edit: apparently this has been around since v15...
edit2: Looking at the tech tree, it seems as though the transhuman and galactic eras do not have some missing giant tech leap. They flow together rather seamlessly. Whoever edited the future techs knew what they were doing.

Now I am really confused. Strategyonly, Civ_Fuhrer and I worked hard to plan out and implement the new Galactic Era. Yes some Trans-Human Era techs got moved to the Galactic Era but only because they fit better.

As far as I know, no units, buildings or techs were removed. Some were renamed however such as "Future Tech" is now renamed "Analyze Strings".

So what exactly are you reporting broken? Do the Trans-Human techs show up on the tree? Do the eras go from Modern to Trans-Human to Galactic Era?

Note that most of the Galactic Era is empty and have no units or buildings yet. Its still being worked out. Just like when we started the prehistoric Era it had very few buildings and units. But now its one of our most tested and refined eras of the game.

Please define what you mean by "Future Era" since we technically only have "Analyze Strings" in the future era and the other 2 Post-Modern Eras are the Trans-Human and Galactic Eras.

Just cosmetic issue:
First contact response for Curtin and Menzies are needed. They don't "say" any word when you meet them at first. :p

yes of cours i mean transhuman and galactic era when i said future techs but they arent in the tech tree. after the modern techs there is just the analyse string tech. the transhuman and the galactic techs arent there

they are in the game you can see them in the civilopedia but you cant discover them in the game because after modern age the tech tree just jump to analyse strings

you can make the transhuman area visible in this way :

In Assets/XML/GameInfo.xml find
<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Type>
and make sure that
<bDefault>0</bDefault>
is set to 0. If not change it to 0.
To make it visible in the Custom Options change
<bVisible>0</bVisible>
to
<bVisible>1</bVisible>

Cheers.

But won't that break things? If they turn it off then there will be a big gap between the trans-human era techs and the Galactic Era techs.

It could see it working for RoM/AND but not C2C where we added all this additional stuff on the end.

In addition if they are playing C2C I would think they would expect the Cosmos side of the game anyways. I mean its in the name. Not "Caveman to Modern".

In short I don't think we can keep that as a feature anymore and should get rid of the ability to turn it off.

hah "Caveman to Modern" gave me a laugh. :lol:

One of the mantra's I always see SO mention is that C2C allows people to play the way they want to play. I actually think the best solution would be to choose at the start which era will be the last. i.e. not just starting era, but ending era. So if someone wanted to play the whole game in the Prehistoric age, they could. Your future era stuff will have a lot to offer Hydro, but some people don't care for the sci-fi aspect in Civ and just rather stick with the earlier eras.

I wasn't reporting anything broken. I was just pointing out that the "future era" was itself a conglomerate of the galactic era and the transhuman era. They are visible and enabled by default. Sorry for any confusion.

Top Bottom