Caveman 2 Cosmos

SUPERB! Downloading it now and going to test run it after I get the irrelevant things done.

Thanks much!:goodjob:

Yeah! This will be awesome! And hopefully less MAFS.

Thx guys always nice to hear from everyone.:goodjob:

I have updated post # 3 & 4 with some attachments and whats in the mod.

I can't get the mod to even load up. When I try starting it, I get an error saying something about not being able to load up primary control themes or something. I changed my computer's resolution to the size mentioned in the first post, and it still happens.

I can't get the mod to even load up. When I try starting it, I get an error saying something about not being able to load up primary control themes or something. I changed my computer's resolution to the size mentioned in the first post, and it still happens.

The only reason something like that would happen is that you put the mod in a different location than specified.

But thats ok, all you have to do is completely delete the folder RESOURCE, next to the Assets folder, then go into the XML folder, and open Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc then go down to the bottom of that page, you will see this:

Spoiler :

Code:
     <MiscArtInfo>
			<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
			<Path>[B]Mods/Next War Advanced/Resource/Civ4.thm[/B]</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

and change it to this:

Spoiler :

Code:
     <MiscArtInfo>
			<Path>[B]Resource/Civ4.thm[/B]</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

should take care of it, i hope.:rolleyes:

At least thx for trying it out!!

This is NOT your ordinary MOD, it is RoM 2.7 without the sdk/dll stuff is all, plus Thomas War stuff and add-ons as mentioned.

The only reason something like that would happen is that you put the mod in a different location than specified.

But thats ok, all you have to do is completely delete the folder RESOURCE, next to the Assets folder, then go into the XML folder, and open Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc then go down to the bottom of that page, you will see this:

Spoiler :

Code:
     <MiscArtInfo>
			<Path>[B]Mods/Next War Advanced/Resource/Civ4.thm[/B]</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

and change it to this:

Spoiler :

Code:
     <MiscArtInfo>
			<Path>[B]Resource/Civ4.thm[/B]</Path>
			<fScale>0.0</fScale>
			<NIF>None</NIF>
			<KFM>None</KFM>
		</MiscArtInfo>

should take care of it, i hope.:rolleyes:

At least thx for trying it out!!

This is NOT your ordinary MOD, it is RoM 2.7 without the sdk/dll stuff is all, plus Thomas War stuff and add-ons as mentioned.

Thanks, it works. I'm already loving the mod btw. It is great.

Why are you against dll/SDK? because ot me RevDCM, the backbone of RoM, is what makes RoM so great with its DCM features, BarbCivs, and few others. Plus there is BUG to consider too.

So why are you so against dll/SDK?

Hoi,

do not have Civ 4 Complet,sondern the individual addons, Vista 32 bit, Bug 3.6.Ist a German version in English.When I play a game I can see the map & my units but not any interface or command buttons. :-( Can someone help me?

Thank you

PS: My english ist not very good.

Hoi,

do not have Civ 4 Complet,sondern the individual addons, Vista 32 bit, Bug 3.6.Ist a German version in English.When I play a game I can see the map & my units but not any interface or command buttons. :-( Can someone help me?

Thank you

First read through all the FAQ's, there are alot of interface ones there. Then if you still cant resolve the problem, write again, MAYBE we can get it to work then, but the main reason is putting the mod in the correct area first.

And thx for at least trying this mod.;)

I have installed the Mod in "E:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced".

Thats my point right there, needs to be in C: thats the way i have it set-up.

I'm not certain how to get it to work on another drive, although it should, so, I have nothing.

Hoi,

Thank you

I do not have Civ 4 Complett! In the registry, everything is okay.I have installed the Mod in "E:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War Advanced".

All games are on my E: install. Other mods work even on E:. What can I do it on E: works?

I'm not certain how to get it to work on another drive, although it should, so, I have nothing.

I run Civ on D: without a problem.

My mistake here guys i didnt read the words after Vista closely enough:blush::blush:, you have BUG installed, MY mod WILL NOT work with BUG installed at all, unless its part of the main mod itself, it has conflicting python in each.:(

hello ,
just a few fixes you need to know :
- the nanite clouds and robots forget to get promotions ... they do get experience points .(and these ones have no traits ie: vs gunpowder or wheels)
- the spies are getting upgrades meant for airplanes (intercept aircraft , etc)
-many units (ships,mechs,late inf)can get a "sniper" promotion , ... while it looks cool i'm sure it was intended for recon units - but those can't get it- and i'm sure ships don't need to use enemy roads.
-some of the air promotions are blocking each other ie : +intercept via rockets or guns
-buildings keep disappearing , sometimes i had to rebuild a manufacture plant 3 times..
-upgradeable buildings re-appear (or maybe disappear when completed,then re-appear) - i mean here arcology,farmscrapper )

-the AI cheats badly ... lol ... what i mean is ... the team projects shouldn't be possible to be hurried - and is not for human - but they do manage to whip them up
-encyclopedia sucks bad , first of all : it steals even from 1 enemy civ , second its redundant to internet , third its overpowerd , better just remove it.
-cn tower also redundant to eifel tower
-i get plenty nuclear fallouts in late games .. even without nukes or nuclear plants
-the original next war contained a scenario map that rocked my world ... yet its not been converted to nwa ... i look forward to it.
-the AI can build outdated units (caravels,privateers,airships etc) , but my menu has them erased and replaced with new units.
-jumplanes can connect to water improvments..
-techs are way way too cheap ... c'mon give me time to build the library before i get 20 new techs and 10 more buildings
-some of the wonders miss a civipedia description

good things:
-nice new religions
-cities get the right signs for revolt,unhealthy etc
-the new leaders are great

btw i have nwa 004 ... looking forward to your next patch

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

-encyclopedia sucks bad , first of all : it steals even from 1 enemy civ , second its redundant to internet , third its overpowerd , better just remove it.
If you're using the encyclopedia or the Internet, you're doing it wrong! :) You're supposed to either ignore them, or build them just to prevent the AI from building them.

Honestly. if you rely on those two for Technology, you're crazy!
Gah.
AI doesn't cheat much in this game unless you're playing on Deity.
As for building Caravels, are you sure they have the technology to build tanks or ships of the line yet? It's usually after the ship of the line that Caravels are obsolete.

Just wanted to say great mod, I have been playing it all weekend for hours and hours. I noticed one small thing, maybe I am mistaken. Does the "stone" resource get outdated and removed from the map at some time? It is needed to make a "glassware" building, and a glassware building is needed to provide glass so I can make an "observatory." The observatory is very important for tech, and I can not build a glassware because no civ has stone, and it is not on the map. Just wondering if it gets obsoleted and removed at some point.

The mod is really fun to play, and I really like the intro song on the main screen. This mod is right up there with Dales Road to War WW2 scenario. I remember playing v001 of this mod. Once I started playing this mod, I never went back to regular civ. I really like the expanded tech tree. That is something I have always wanted, and this mod provides it. So, keep up the good work, this is the best mod out there.

If no civs have it, then there's a bug. No resource can be removed like that. Only a lot of coding, like the Blight in Fall from Heaven mod. :)

You can create it using the world builder. Or, you could load up the world builder to see if any place has it.

As for building Caravels, are you sure they have the technology to build tanks or ships of the line yet? It's usually after the ship of the line that Caravels are obsolete.

well , its a modern era game start, other times is future ... anyway we all start at same lvls of tech ...

and about the internet and encyclopedia , i build those asap , or else the AIs will steal all my tech and combine their tech tree to get 50 tech ahead of me in few years ...
if i build them .. the AIs will normally stay 5-10 techs behind .

-buildings keep disappearing , sometimes i had to rebuild a manufacture plant 3 times..
-upgradeable buildings re-appear (or maybe disappear when completed,then re-appear) - i mean here arcology,farmscrapper )

-cn tower also redundant to eifel tower
-i get plenty nuclear fallouts in late games .. even without nukes or nuclear plants
-the original next war contained a scenario map that rocked my world ... yet its not been converted to nwa ... i look forward to it.
-jumplanes can connect to water improvments..
-techs are way way too cheap ... c'mon give me time to build the library before i get 20 new techs and 10 more buildings
-some of the wonders miss a civipedia description

good things:
-nice new religions
-cities get the right signs for revolt,unhealthy etc
-the new leaders are great

btw i have nwa 004 ... looking forward to your next patch

Yes the buildings are disappearing cause i have in the modules NBG (No Building Graphics) in there, if you want to see the buildings just place that part in the Unload Modules part that way if you want them later it will be there, same as any of he modules included.
Encyclop yeah i really like this part in the game JUST to see if i can make it there first, if not oh well then i have a harder time but thats the fun about it, at least for me.
CN tower, yeah thats still there cause i used to have Canada as a civ included and just have not gotten to it yet, same as Hockey Night etc.
The Nuclear Fallouts in the game if actually not NF, unless the ground turns to desert, its Global Warming that Firaxis has and i changed it there to be Plains instead of Desert.
What scenario was it?
Yes jumplanes in water, but in the new version i have also included water planes that look like purple ships in water, or something like that, havent really tested that too much.
If the techs are too cheap then your not playing on Marathon which this is made for. Or you have alot of REsearched stuff in there? FUN
I need to know about the missing TXT stuff or other missing entries, i was just in a hurry to get it out this time.
Thx for trying this MOD!!;)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
If you're using the encyclopedia or the Internet, you're doing it wrong! :) You're supposed to either ignore them, or build them just to prevent the AI from building them.
Honestly. if you rely on those two for Technology, you're crazy!
Gah.
AI doesn't cheat much in this game unless you're playing on Deity.

True on Deity it is messed up, but i cant even play pas Normal myself:blush::blush: without getting WIPED.:p

Just wanted to say great mod, I have been playing it all weekend for hours and hours. I noticed one small thing, maybe I am mistaken. Does the "stone" resource get outdated and removed from the map at some time? It is needed to make a "glassware" building, and a glassware building is needed to provide glass so I can make an "observatory." The observatory is very important for tech, and I can not build a glassware because no civ has stone, and it is not on the map. Just wondering if it gets obsoleted and removed at some point.

The mod is really fun to play, and I really like the intro song on the main screen. This mod is right up there with Dales Road to War WW2 scenario. I remember playing v001 of this mod. Once I started playing this mod, I never went back to regular civ. I really like the expanded tech tree. That is something I have always wanted, and this mod provides it. So, keep up the good work, this is the best mod out there.

Thx for the kind words makes me feeel alot better for ALL the MONTHS i have put into it. As far as the stone binus goes, it might have been a glitch, should be some someplace. I get glitches sometimes also, like the game quitting for NO reason at all, but as soon as i start all from the Load saved game area again, its gone and i resume playing

If no civs have it, then there's a bug. No resource can be removed like that. Only a lot of coding, like the Blight in Fall from Heaven mod. :)

You can create it using the world builder. Or, you could load up the world builder to see if any place has it.

Also true, thx

well , its a modern era game start, other times is future ... anyway we all start at same lvls of tech ...
and about the internet and encyclopedia , i build those asap , or else the AIs will steal all my tech and combine their tech tree to get 50 tech ahead of me in few years ...
if i build them .. the AIs will normally stay 5-10 techs behind .

Again true, thats the FUN of it, as a hint for THIS mod for everyone:

Try to keep your Civic on Serfdom for quite along time, there is a big BENEFIT waiting for you if you do.

There are more surprised also, and in the next version alot more surprises if you do things a certain way, and also in the NEXT version you will have to COMPLETELY change the way you play the techs included because of some of the units i have included, (so just be fore warned).;)

btw, i need more 5 star rating if you like, thx.

And thx to those who have d/led this mod and to those that have written here also, good or bad.

Er, you're not allowed to complain about it now. :)
or, Mr. :facepalm: is your new name. :)

Glad my madness can be understood, there, Strategy. But who wants Serfdom after the industial era. :)

Top Bottom