Caveman 2 Cosmos

The problem is, theoretically there should be no difference between an autosave, particularly one on any game type, and a normal save and how there IS a difference here is a mystery in the first place. Shouldn't depend on map type but who knows.

Yup! That's what we thought! No diff between auto and normal save! Mystery...
Thanks again for replying so fast.
Cheers!

I may be blind, but where? The front page download link still goes to V35, which is no longer available.

ahaha thx, i knew i forgot something, its ready now, thx . . .SO

I may be blind, but where? The front page download link still goes to V35, which is no longer available.

Until the front page is updated, you should see a link at the bottom of the screen to other downloads. 11 have downloaded it already and it has only been updated a few hours ago.

We also need to remember that modders live in different time zones so it takes time to produce a polished front page.

Edit.

SO posted as I wrote the above.

Congratulations on your new version release ! I am absolutely eager to try it out whenever I can.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything and I aprreciate the work done with the animals, but please make it optional(alternative untis should be optional aswel), like it was in previous versions. I do remember it firmly, that this was optional.
Spoiler :

The problem with this is AI , in my last game (v35) the best AI civ with outrageously powerful ecconomy and huge empire had it's military consist by 90% of animals(late ancient) . So when my huge mongol hordes came it was probably the worst dissapointment I ever had in civ besides civ 5. I opened world editor after that and checked map, animals everywhere. I couldn't bring myself to play this mod again after that.

Meanwhile, I hope there is something I can do to remove animals/non-canon military units from the game ? I mean besides removing each one manualy.

Once again, please don't take this as some sort of diminishing the value of the work made. It's just too unhistorical for some people(which is bearable) and absolutely messy with AI *brains*.

The problem with the AI hoarding animals as military units has been primarily resolved. Still a little work to be done on that front but you won't see them comprising city attack and defense stacks at all.

Hi There!

After a long time I decided to come back to the old and good CIV 4 reinstalling my Civ4 Bts and download the latest update of this mod, that used to run great on my old laptop. Now when I start a game I have a no interface problem.

My OS is Windows 8.1 I guess that this is a common issue, how have you managed to fix it if you had to?
By the way, I've tried with Ctrl+I, Alt+I, when I start a game on vanilla I don't have the same issue (that's why I posted the problem here, if this isn't the proper post to ask about this, could you tell me where to?)
I've also tried following the steps in RoM Readme, but it didn't work either (There is not C2C folder on /My Games, just a "Beyond to Sword" folder).
I also found a post where someone explained how to fix this error with screenshots and all that stuff BUT the screenshots are no longer available (this isn't my day is it?)

I'm reinstalling CIV 4 BTS right now to try again on a fresh install with the tips than you can give me... this mod is so awesome to play it using just shortcuts lol.

Thank you and Congratulations for the mod!

Any hotfix to remove double arrow/bow on archers ? I noticed them on several early game units for different factions:
Spoiler :

Hi There!

After a long time I decided to come back to the old and good CIV 4 reinstalling my Civ4 Bts and download the latest update of this mod, that used to run great on my old laptop. Now when I start a game I have a no interface problem.

My OS is Windows 8.1 I guess that this is a common issue, how have you managed to fix it if you had to?
By the way, I've tried with Ctrl+I, Alt+I, when I start a game on vanilla I don't have the same issue (that's why I posted the problem here, if this isn't the proper post to ask about this, could you tell me where to?)
I've also tried following the steps in RoM Readme, but it didn't work either (There is not C2C folder on /My Games, just a "Beyond to Sword" folder).
I also found a post where someone explained how to fix this error with screenshots and all that stuff BUT the screenshots are no longer available (this isn't my day is it?)

I'm reinstalling CIV 4 BTS right now to try again on a fresh install with the tips than you can give me... this mod is so awesome to play it using just shortcuts lol.

Thank you and Congratulations for the mod!

Did you install the BTS 3.19 patch manually (don't use the auto update)?

OK, now it is time to back to Civ4 after a "terrible" winter! haha
I played BE and Civ5 for long time and most recently Civ3.
But nothing compare to Civ4. One of the best Civilization game ever made.
I discovered this MOD by luck and I'll play it forever.
I love this kind of game without end, if you know what I mean.
My last game on Civ4 was NewDawn 6 months ago.
Keep doing this great job!
Cheers! :hatsoff:

I think I'm being very foolish.
I have downloaded the .zip from modDB, I've unpacked it into the /BeyondTheSword/Mods folder, I've made sure there's no copy of Caveman2Cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos but every time I try loading the mod it tells me loads of XML files are missing before finally bringing up a debug screen. I'm afraid I lost count after 35 missing files and just held down return until my computer would let me do things.
I'm unpacking it using winRAR, I've downloaded a fresh.zip twice and I'm running Win7 if that's any help.
Could I get some advice please?
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post.

Top Bottom