Caveman 2 Cosmos

Download and instal BTS patch 3.19
Manualy.

I'm sorry, I'm being an idiot.
I'm playing the steam version and the about page says it's version 319. I can't find any 3.19 patch downloads that aren't just an installer that tells me I haven't installed BTS properly.
Am I doing it wrong?

If it helps, when I try copying caveman2cosmos into my mods folder it tells me that a lot of the soundtrack and the entire usersettings folder is 'no longer in the folder'
I don't know what that means, try again doesn't do anything, only skip works.
Thank you so much for helping me with this.

I'm sorry, I'm being an idiot.
I'm playing the steam version and the about page says it's version 319. I can't find any 3.19 patch downloads that aren't just an installer that tells me I haven't installed BTS properly.
Am I doing it wrong?

If it helps, when I try copying caveman2cosmos into my mods folder it tells me that a lot of the soundtrack and the entire usersettings folder is 'no longer in the folder'
I don't know what that means, try again doesn't do anything, only skip works.
Thank you so much for helping me with this.

OK, 1st off you need to manually install 3.19, you can go to the download section of CFC. Even if it says 3.19 is installed, doesnt mean much until you manually do it.

2nd you MUST delete any OLD Caveman2Cosmos folders, you can overwrite them.

3rd, make sure you play "As Administrator"

OK, 1st off you need to manually install 3.19, you can go to the download section of CFC. Even if it says 3.19 is installed, doesnt mean much until you manually do it.

2nd you MUST delete any OLD Caveman2Cosmos folders, you can overwrite them.

3rd, make sure you play "As Administrator"

I'm really really sorry. What do you mean manually? All the downloads I can find both in google and here are just automatic installers. When I try running them it tells me I haven't installed BTS properly and exits, even if I copy the file into the Civ IV BTS folder and run it from there. Am I doing it wrong?

I'm really really sorry. What do you mean manually? All the downloads I can find both in google and here are just automatic installers. When I try running them it tells me I haven't installed BTS properly and exits, even if I copy the file into the Civ IV BTS folder and run it from there. Am I doing it wrong?

OK from what i can read what your saying: You need to completely DELETE any and all Civ IV you have, and start all over from the beginning, and this time, when it asks to do the update to 3.19 say NO/or dont do it.
The download section is located here: (see attached)pic 1, then it goes to pic2.

Then after you get the d/l (MANUALLY), meaning yourself, click on it and install.

Thank you for your help. Deleting the Caveman2Cosmos folder, re-unpacking a fresh download and running BTS as an administrator made it work.
Thank you so much, guys.

Hey guyz, I am having a realy pleaasant game with your mod ! Greaat work, I absoultely love the standartzed icons for everything, Alos greaat work with all the unit flavors, I especialy enjoy messopotamian units !

I am playing as sumeria right now and everything goes realy smooth(haven't had such immersive and accurate game in a long time, feels like roleplaying...I even built hammurabbi stele of law nearly in the same time as it was built in reality:eek:) However...I found myself kind of ruining my own game by chosing unlimited national units(in theory I though : what's bad about tons of babylonian archers ? and it was great...untill archonists came) So...basicly I am afraid that it will be just archonist spam untill middle ages come(which ruins the atmosphere and tactical diversity for me:yuck:)

So the question is : can I somehow disable unlimited national units during the game ? I realy don't want to abandon it, it's so immersive and cool that I jsut can't forget this gme and start anew.

Hey guyz, I am having a realy pleaasant game with your mod ! Greaat work, I absoultely love the standartzed icons for everything, Alos greaat work with all the unit flavors, I especialy enjoy messopotamian units !

I am playing as sumeria right now and everything goes realy smooth(haven't had such immersive and accurate game in a long time, feels like roleplaying...I even built hammurabbi stele of law nearly in the same time as it was built in reality:eek:) However...I found myself kind of ruining my own game by chosing unlimited national units(in theory I though : what's bad about tons of babylonian archers ? and it was great...untill arsonists came) So...basicly I am afraid that it will be just arsonist spam untill middle ages come(which ruins the atmosphere and tactical diversity for me:yuck:)

So the question is : can I somehow disable unlimited national units during the game ? I realy don't want to abandon it, it's so immersive and cool that I jsut can't forget this gme and start anew.

but if you wanted to changed ANY option at all, you can go into the WB and edit , then change what you want at anytime . .

I am playing as sumeria right now and everything goes realy smooth(haven't had such immersive and accurate game in a long time, feels like roleplaying...I even built hammurabbi stele of law nearly in the same time as it was built in reality:eek:) However...I found myself kind of ruining my own game by chosing unlimited national units(in theory I though : what's bad about tons of babylonian archers ? and it was great...untill archonists came) So...basicly I am afraid that it will be just archonist spam untill middle ages come(which ruins the atmosphere and tactical diversity for me:yuck:)

Arsonist arent that big a deal really, because you are only authorized to have 5 total see pic 1

but if you wanted to changed ANY option at all, you can go into the WB and edit , then change what you want at anytime . .
That option should be safe to change mid-game.

I do feel that arsonists are a little OP and should be made to be more balanced in general. Another item to address next cycle with a full review of military units.

However, consider that they ARE counterable. You need some units defending your cities with anti-throwing promos along with city defense. That oughta do the trick.

Arsonist arent that big a deal really, because you are only authorized to have 5 total see pic 1
Don't think you read his post properly, he can have unlimited arsonists in play due to playing with "unlimited national units" game option.

A solution to this might be to give arsonist a big but specific weak point that makes an army of them a nonviable strategy (e.g. -75% VS archer units).
Or just reduce their overall strength and give them appropriate and specific bonuses VS this and that.

I think that may be a game start-up option only. Not sure.

His issue wasn't that you could have 5 of them.

It's that since he has unlimited national units enabled, there is absolutely no limits to how many can be made. At least, that is what I take from his post.

Thanks everyone for fast replies. Yes, my problem was not with the arsonists itself but rather with them being unlimited. Changed this game option via the WB. Problem solved :goodjob:

I do feel that arsonists are a little OP and should be made to be more balanced in general. Another item to address next cycle with a full review of military units.
Well arsonists are peasants compared to grenadiers. I am not there yet but 27 :strength: unit with huge combat bonuses and no limit is....well he is OP in full sense of this word. They literally outclass Musketeers(which are only few tech away from them) and next tier units(Riflemans) by far. So there's no actual point in building either of those unts.
I recently had a AND game and grenadiers with 22:strength: were best city attacking units even during the Rifleman-tier units. I am pretty sure I wil lhave to edit their strenght later manualy. If that won't affect my game ?

Arsonists, Grenadiers, Flamethrowers are designed to attack entrenched units, wither they be in cities or fortifications. But they shouldn't do so well against an armored and/or fast opponent. I'm actually quite surprised most early Mounted units do not have a bonus against throwing.

Yeah it's easy to change lots of things by going into the xml. I don't mess with the world builder after I start a game though, because that seems to mess things up. BTW, I'm now past writing in my version 36 game and things are looking very nice.

Top Bottom