CEC : Civilopedia Editor for CivIII

It's a new game : follow the links in my signature (see the website for a summary. It is still under construction, so you will have to navigate a bit in it to gather information). The discussion thread also has many many interesting info, but it starts to be a bit big.

wooooooooo it looks great but wont firaxis get into a hissie fit if they see that you are using almost the same graphics? Another question are the units all custom made? and will we have to download the game.

So many questions so little time

Drivebymaster said:
wooooooooo it looks great but wont firaxis get into a hissie fit if they see that you are using almost the same graphics? Another question are the units all custom made? and will we have to download the game.

So many questions so little time

The current graphics ARE from Firaxis, but they are just place holder. I'm not a graphist, so to test the game I need to use existing graphics. I need to find someone who can make me original graphics for the map.
For the units, I've included an animation editor, than can take units mainly from Civilization III format (and later Cossacks / American Conquest, Chariots of War and Legion), and convert them to my format. You willl need some other tools, like PaintShopPro or Flicster. But this way, I can make the game available and playable with Civilization III units, without giving the animation, so I don't see why Firaxis should be angry.

This is the best utility program here!!!! I have downloaded it and I think it is the best of the utility program here in Civilization Fanatics Center you can download, it's fantastic, awesome and easy to work.

A big problem is that you can't change the Game Concepts name. I am working in a translation of the civilopedia to Portuguese (I am Portuguese, from Portugal, if you don't know me) and to change the name of, example, Worker Jobs to "Empregos do Trabalhador", like it is said in Portuguese I have to open the Civilopedia.txt file, look for PRTO_Worker Jobs and change the title name. I think this is a thing you should check/see about when you do the third version; if you will do a third version.
But I continue to say it's a good utility and I use it often.

:goodjob: :thanx:

When using the link interface, if you choose a group that has no entries the program crashes.

I accidenatly chose 'Other' lost an hour or so of changes. :sad:

nice one.. really, ive always hated switching lots of .txt files to make civilope :goodjob:

Why the hell doesn't this work for me? Howcome none of the utilities work for yet they work for everybody else!? I keep getting errors on every utility I use; they never work for me, do I need to update my C3C?

Top Bottom