Celtica: Gallic Units Pack 1

Sandris if you are making naked picts maybe you could add some body art to them. I think that would add alot to the finished unit.
Storm I think he is referring to the butt (backside).

Yes. My picts will be the realization of body ornamentation. :)

Vikings just don't get it. You dont just fight to win, you fight with style, to feel it. It's a dare. You have long hair and take off your helmet to dare the enemy to grab your hair and try to take your brainball. You go Skyclad to feel the world on every flap of skin, to show every scar you earned and so you dont ruin your nice stripey tops.
Besides it how do you feel like a man without feeling the tap-tap-tap on your thighs as you run?

Try it.
You know you want to.
Whip 'em off, grab the woad and roar for all the world to hear...
GNOR BODI

Perhaps...but I notice it's the Vikings who conquered England, Ireland and Scotland, and not the other way around :viking: So perhaps there is something to be said for trousers:joke: People fight better when they're not worried about their dangly bits!

Vikings just don't get it. You dont just fight to win, you fight with style, to feel it. It's a dare. You have long hair and take off your helmet to dare the enemy to grab your hair and try to take your brainball. You go Skyclad to feel the world on every flap of skin, to show every scar you earned and so you dont ruin your nice stripey tops.
Besides it how do you feel like a man without feeling the tap-tap-tap on your thighs as you run?

Try it.
You know you want to.
Whip 'em off, grab the woad and roar for all the world to hear...
GNOR BODI
LOL!

Brings a whole new meaning to being "ballsy."

There were some wicked pics of Celtic reenactors charging a bunch of Roman reenactors over at militaryphotos.net, but I can't find them any more. Too frickin' hilarious and awesome.
"The average German soldier of the first century AD was not well equipped. He carried a rudimentary shield and was considered well dressed if he went into battle wearing trousers. (And in fact, for those who did not own armour, fighting naked was the better option. In an age before antibiotics, many soldiers died of infection from dirty clothing forced into their wounds.) ...The average warrior fought on foot using a framea, a long spear which sometimes had simply a sharpened wooden tip." --Philip Matyszak, The Enemies of Rome: From Hannibal to Attila the Hun (London: Thames & Hudson, 2004), p. 165.

Perhaps...but I notice it's the Vikings who conquered England, Ireland and Scotland, and not the other way around :viking: So perhaps there is something to be said for trousers:joke: People fight better when they're not worried about their dangly bits!

Conquered Ireland is optomistic exageration at best. A couple of towns on the coast does not a conquest make.
But dont get me wrong, we love Vikings here. Clontarf was about the best scrap ever, 8 hours of slagging, single combats, head-taking and blood and gore. Pity you guys lost England in 1066, we would have loved a couple of re-matches.

Don't you just love being a Barbarian?

Top Bottom