Challenge-I-06

True, they have already made up their mind and it's too late to influence them. However, the votes are not counted yet! Any population change does still have an effect. This includes spreading religion to a new city. Yours or theirs. Don't forget, you can double your votes with a switch into the AP religion on the last turn. I imagine you could also double a friendly AI's votes, by converting them, but I've never tried that. I've always had the required votes already. (There is a chance that could backfire. It would change the candidates for the election. Anyone try this?)

Yes, all Civs Vote at the beginning of the same Turn, but the Votes are actually Counted at the End of that Turn (or effectively the beginning of the next Turn when the TAP RL DV Resolution results are announced). Thus, in the Turn you get the RL DV Vote requester and cast your Vote, you can increase the TAP Religion Population of any Civ by converting more of its Cities to the TAP Religion. However, be careful about converting too many Cities, causing the Civ to switch to the TAP Religion and doubling their Vote and possibly running foul of the 75% TAP Population limit. I did that once on a Game that would have beat the number one Game in that slot by long shot. I wanted to ensure that I could Win with just Hatshepsut's Vote and that would have worked, except I didn't consider that she might convert to the TAP Religion and double her Votes (exceeding 75% and thus invalidating the Vote).

You can convert your State Religion to the TAP Religion to double your Vote Count and I believe it still works in 3.19, but I don't usually do it because I don't usually need the extra Votes (I often get Unanimous Wins in RL DV Games and I'm sure WastinTime often does as well).

As WastinTime mentioned, you also can try to convert enough Cities of a friendly Civ to cause that Civ to convert to the TAP Religion doubling their Vote. As I recall, that still worked in 3.17, but I can't confirm that it still works in 3.19. Again, in causing a Civ to double Votes by converting to the TAP Religion, you must ensure that that Civ's Vote count does not exceed 75% of the new total of TAP Votes where Full Members Vote Counts are doubled.

Note that causing your State Religion or another Civ's State Religion to the TAP Religion will only be beneficial in the Turn the Vote is taken. It will often ruin your chances if done too soon and will have no effect on the Vote count if done too late.

Remember that one can often learn more about one's Defeats than about one's Wins. In other words, if your not losing at least some of your Games, you're probably not challenging yourself enough and not learning to Win under more challenging Conditions.

Sun Tzu Wu

Thanks to Sun Tzu Wu and WastinTime.

In regards to religion switching on the last turn:

If the AI's vote is already decided at the beginning of the turn, but the number of votes can still be maneuvered is it possible to share a religion of an opponent getting them to friendly (where they would cast their vote for you) and then switch to the AP religion to double your votes? The AI would probably drop back below friendly, but if their vote was already decided when they were friendly would they still vote for you?

There are so many little things I am still unsure of about the APalace, never having used it before.

In regards to religion switching on the last turn:

If the AI's vote is already decided at the beginning of the turn, but the number of votes can still be maneuvered is it possible to share a religion of an opponent getting them to friendly (where they would cast their vote for you) and then switch to the AP religion to double your votes? The AI would probably drop back below friendly, but if their vote was already decided when they were friendly would they still vote for you?

Yes, on the Turn of the Vote, after any AI demands tribute, requests a gift or simply offers a trade (technically these AI actions are part the AI's previous turn), the AI's Diplomacy value for the Vote is determined and the AI will commit to that Vote regardless of how his Diplomacy changes in the remainder of the Turn. Thus, you could have a shared Religion Diplomatic bonus at the beginning of the Vote Turn with an AI, have it used to full effect in determining the AI's Vote and later in the same Turn switch to TAP Religion to double your Vote Count. Any Diplomatic effects of switching to the TAP Religion are ignored with regard to the AI's commitment to Vote for You.

After the beginning of the RL DV Vote Turn, you can convert additional Cities to the TAP Religion to increase the Vote Count of AI Civs you are sure have voted for you. (The result of the Vote with Vote Counts is announced at the beginning of the next Turn.)

Sun Tzu Wu

I don't think you can select who you will share a continent with that easily.

I don't think that order of selection in your opponent list determines who will be near you.

In general, I would agree with this. For this game, set for massive continents, I have been able to draw Ramses and Zara every time I tried (5 times) without failure. This is not referring regenerating maps either.

I put one of them in the second AI position and the other in the second to last AI position. Five tries could be random chance but there is a very low probablity that this is random.

Top Bottom