Challenge-I-08

The trick was to take the first great general (which popped pretty early because of the great wall) and attach it to the highest XP archer, giving it leadership, drill 1-4 and as many city garrison promotions as possible (I think one to start). He'll start killing the first few units in each stack before being wounded, so gets more XP than his fellows. More city garrison and combat strength promotions follow along with unit upgrades at tech permits, and once you have a combat 6 city garrison 3 drill 4 longbowman, the only ancient units which can hope to even damage it are the ones that are immune to first strikes. Once the unit gets upgraded to rifleman, it can get woodsman 1-3 too for the two extra first strikes.

I also added some more warlike AIs to try and maximize the stacks; montezuma and ghengis both sent a ton of units my way over the course of the game.

That is an awesome Warlord unit. It has the Legendary Ultra Medic Woodman III + Medic III promotions in addition to every other promotion a land unit can have. Is that correct? You didn't even need the Charismatic trait. Which Russian leader did you play? Stalin would have the Aggressive trait, but that wouldn't provide free Combat I for an Archer.

Congratulations, 7thGate, on what is almost certainly the most promoted Warlord unit ever.

When your Game is published, please provide a link to it.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom