Changes to UUs/UBs (includes new civs)

Know what, I have thought about it, and I say that we should go a bit away from the more nomadic Native Americans, and rather stay more with the settled ones. I have one already nearly finished (Anazasi (the Puebloans) led by Popé). Also, Cybrxkhan made a great Mississippian Civ not that long ago. How about those two?

I've got the Anasazi in my mod, including a flag (New Mexico symbol), a range of units I skinned for them (unhistorical since we have no real idea what their troops would have looked like), and a unique building (Kiva) and wonder (Cliff Palace) Hrochland made for me. Po'pay and Kochininako (semi-legendary heroine) are the leaders. Pedia text and city list are incomplete but feel free to grab whatever you need.

They're a great choice for a civ, as are the Mississippi (I plan to add them to HR eventually).

I already have much myself... (mostly some pedia and some slight edits left on the one I made). I have all the stuff I need, so I don't believe I will need it, but thanks still ^^

Capo, as Popé arranged one of the most sucsessfull rebellions agains Spanish authority (if not THE most sucsessfull), my UU for them (Pueblo Rebel) is a Longbowman with +100% :strength: vs Knight and Musketman, so to representent this aspect in the civ. I wonder what's your say on those traits?

Well, thinking of the fact that you use many macemen when conquering (at least I do), and Musketman is hardly useless anyhow, I don't think that much so myself, but maybe only go for 75% instead... any opinions on this from anybody here? The more opinions, the better the result.

Well, thinking of the fact that you use many macemen when conquering (at least I do), and Musketman is hardly useless anyhow, I don't think that much so myself, but maybe only go for 75% instead... any opinions on this from anybody here? The more opinions, the better the result.

I'd say around that time I'd be mainly using macemen, some mounted units depending on what I have access to, and siege weapons.

I agree that 75% seems more balanced still, though.

I also want to revisit some of our prior discussions. There are a few UUs or UBs that I think I'd like to change considering some new civs added to the game. When I add a Berber civ it will make less sense for Carthage to have the Numidian cavalry as their UU since it is, in essence, a Berber unit. Also there was discussion about changing the Indian UU to something more useful.

If anyone else had any ideas about changes to UUs that would be good too.

Well, an elephant UU for India was suggested and eventually well recieved, while there were also suggestions for an Elephant UU for Carthage. Maybe one that can move over mountains? :p

Haha, J/K. Still, dunno what traits we should give those.

Well, I could go with sacred band for Carthage too. I wasn't stuck on the Elephant, I just figured it wouldn't make sense to have a Berber civ while Carthage has what amounts to a Berber UU.

I did that myself in the Berber civ I made a while ago, although I believe I made the Sacred Band a bit OP though :p

About armenian UU. I found some info on Wiki.

Here's a couple of quotes promoting an early horseman replacement in the form of some sort of Horse Archer:
Plutarch wrote that the Armenian archers could kill from 200 meters with their deadly accurate arrows. The Romans admired and respected the bravery and the warrior spirit of the Armenian Cavalry -- the hardcore of Tigran's Army. The Roman historian Sallustius Crispus wrote that the Armenian [Ayrudzi - lit. horsemen] Cavalry was "remarkable by the beauty of their horses and armor" Horses in Armenia, since ancient times were considered as the most important part and pride of the warrior.
And here's a quote by Chapot
What they say about Armenia bewilders us. How could this mountain people develop such a cavalry that was able to measure itself against the horsemen of the Medes? One thing which is certain is the fact that Armenia was a source of excellent well bred horses. The people in this country had discovered that horses were not just an economic asset, but could also be used for military purposes
And last quote from same article
In Sassanid Persia, the Armenians were accorded a status similar to the elite "Savaran" of the Persian army. The equipment of the Armenian cavalry was similar to that of the Savaran. Pro-Sassanian Armenian cavalry units fought under Sassanid banners and were allowed to enter the royal capital, Ctesiphon. The Armenians were in fact honoured for their services.

Triple post...

For armenian UB, maybe something like...
Khachkars
Carpet Weavery (I suggest this one)

As someone with a considerable interest in Armenian culture, totally backing the Carpet Weavery as well.

For Carthage's new UU, I'd say either an elephant with some sort of mobility bonus, or the Golden Band. I mean anything that could go toe-to-toe with Sparta like that deserves some recognition.

Question is thoughm what should it replace? And what kind of bonuses? Same goes for UU, but out of my post earlier, I suggest something like:
Ayrudzi - Replaces Horseman/Horse-Archer (name literally means Horsemen)

Some stats suggestions
1. Ignores Terrain Cost and Combat I
2. Combat I and Drill I
3. Ignores Terrain Cost and 1-2 first strikes (or Drill I and II)

Then for the weaver, what about stats for that one?

Alright, well I'm starting to narrow down the choices to two for the UU. One has everything to do with what was said earlier, I like the idea of an early horseman replacement unit, there aren't many out there really if you think about it. But I will also say that another unit that can be replaced that isn't done to death is the Crossbowman. I have nothing to offer right now, but I think we should think outside the box a little more and consider the Crossbowman replacement for either this UU or a future UU. It doesn't even have to involve a Crossbow, so long as it has the bonus against melee/macemen. I am digging the UUs being discussed right now, although I am kinda against a Carpet Weaving place, I just don't know what it would replace and what the ultimate importance would really be.

EDIT: I am going to start putting this thing together. I am going to use Novator's Cyaxares as Tigranes since I don't really plan on creating a civ for the Medes.

Top Bottom