Changing Civilization colors

eurirusty

Chieftain
I am using JDF's mod for the German Civilization (using H----r, as the leader). I want to change the colors used in this mod. But try as I might, I cannot find any Up-to-Date information on how to do this. I have been down many Rabbit holes to find the file that I need to modify, but none of them were correct. Any help would be appreciated. I am an avid armchair historian on WWII and I've made changes to the .dds files, changing flags. But I would really like to change the colors used in these mods (specifically JDF's WWII leader mods)
Thank you.

In the file JFD_Germany_ArtDefines.sql, find the insert to the Colors table and change the values for the Red, Green, and Blue columns. The scale used goes from 0 to 1, so take whatever RGB values you want and divide them by 255 to get the final result.

These inserts can happen in pretty much any .xml or .sql file, but specific modders tend to use consistent file structures, so once you've seen one it's relatively easy to find the others. For JFD, they'll typically be in a file called JFD_CivName_ArtDefines.sql in the Core folder of the relevant mod.

Thank you TopHatPaladin for your help. After a few stabs at it, I finally figured out the syntax on how to change the colors. I am an older player (just shy of 69). I have been playing these series (Civ5 and Civ6) since 2012. I was looking for an alternative to a game I started playing in the late 80's. called Perfect General. I was able to change the look and feel of that game to match elements of units and terrain of WWII, but it was still lacking. Then I found Civilization 5 and have never looked back. I play both Civ5 and Civ6, though I prefer Civ5. There is a aspect of Civ5 which makes the world look real. Though the Art Director of 2K modified the terrain of Civ6 to look more like Civ5 (it was a good start), but there are still elements that are not quite right (the mountains for one.) Again, thank you for your help. Oh, FYI. There is still a small group of diehards which still play Perfect General (which I just recently found out.) Take care..

Top Bottom