Charlemagne Mod: Weird Bug

zbgayumn

Emperor
I just started trying to play the Charlemagne mod the other day, but it is full of random little bugs. I am running BtS 3.17 (final release), I have tried updating to 3.19, but the install program never works. It's a Vista machine (home premium, sp2).

Sometimes I get the "no interface" bug, but if I reload the game the interface will be there. The other bugs are really random. The most notable is that inflation is roughly 20 billion gold, but even though it displays that number my gold doesn't disappear in one turn. My units have no experience, but I can give them every promotion available to them. It also sets my science rate back to zero every turn. That's probably the bug that makes this unplayable, that and the temptation to have super-vet units.

I tried "run as administrator" too, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The in game installer is buggy. Download the update from here on the forum and run the installer in it.

The in game installer is buggy. Download the update from here on the forum and run the installer in it.

I have done this just now, and I recall doing it in the past. The install program quits as soon as I click through all the "Next"s and click Install. There is no error message, and the application just disappears from the screen, as well as from the Task Manager list.

Is 3.19 really necessary to get this mod to work?

I have done this just now, and I recall doing it in the past. The install program quits as soon as I click through all the "Next"s and click Install. There is no error message, and the application just disappears from the screen, as well as from the Task Manager list.

Is 3.19 really necessary to get this mod to work?

You running BUG for 3.17? That might cause it. You should really get 3.19, though.

Top Bottom