Cheat Code (help with the world-builder...)

I am wondering if anybody knows how to randomly generate Terrain. I have the land masses I want but I would like the computer to generate the terrain so as to be more realistic. I know about map.generatefeatures and map.generategameelements but they only add trees and jungle. I would like to have the computer generate mountains, hills, desert, tundra and plains. I am sure I have missed it somewhere in these forms but I give up!

I followed the directions on this website in order to enable the cheat code as follows:

“in the directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

Double-click _Civ4Config

NOTE: this will fail if you have "Hide protected operating system files" and/or "Do not show hidden files/folders" turned on, in Windows Explorer (this can be changed under Tools, Folder Options, View Tab). The reason it fails is because the file is a .ini, which WindowsXP considers a System File that could be harmful to the operation of Windows if it is improperly modified (therefore it won't let you edit it, by default)”

When I follow these directions my computer seems to search for the file for a long time, and eventually this prompt shows:

“The item ‘Civilization IV.ini’ that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

Do you want to fix this shortcut to point to this target or do you just want to delete it?”

If I choose to “fix it”, it takes me to Notepad and the Notepad is empty. What should I do? I know something is wrong.

In worldbuild how do you replace the players in a pre-established scenario such as tiny earth. i know you can eliminate them by just erasing but say i want to change the spanish to the english. how would i do that.

thanks,

david israels

I tried to add goody huts to a map but the popup consol says that Map isn't defined, any ideas?

Is there any way to use the world builder to place resources in specific locations? I want to create a civilization on an island and make sure I've got at least one of every resource available.

EDIT

Doesn't matter. Just me being numb. I've found how to add resources now. :crazyeye:

Hi

Chipotle is the aztec (náhuatl) word for a dried jalapeño chile.

The correct spell is Xchíjhpotl, but spanish conquerors never learn to spell it correctly so they change it, as they done to almost all náhuatl (aztec) words.
Just like in:
Xchojkólatl = Chocolate (Chocolate)
Xchíjtl = Chile (Chili)
Ahuájkatl = Aguacate (Avocado)
Xtómatl = Tomate (Green Tomato)
Xij-xtómatl = Jitomate (Tomato)

By the way, the aztec (náhuatl) word for Montezuma is Moctezuma. Conquerors change it to Motecuzoma, but native mexican náhuatl speacking people still using Moctezuma (with C).

The name Jalapeño comes from the city Jalapa (Xalapan in náhuatl) where this chile where found.

Náhuatl is the name of the aztec language.

Actually, I think it refers to the burrito restaurant of the same name which Trip [the Firaxian] seemed to refer to in his post. Someone needs to take the Firaxis guys to a Moe's or Willy's [both better burrito chains in part because they're not owned by bloody McDonalds].

An update, as of October 2006, McDonalds fully divested its investment and shares in Chipotle. :)

Two questions.

First of all, pardon my language if you don't mind but what the hell is diplomacy logging option I see under Games tab in debug menu which I can bring up by simply pressing control plus D? Does this mean diplomacy will be logged like other events in events log which you can bring up by pressing control plus tab? Or is it simply written to a text file?

Second and finally, is there a way to restore fog of war upon entering the code game.toggledebugmode? I just find that somewhat irritating when I could not find an option to restore them whenever I need it. Basically, I'm looking for option to revert back to the existing fog of war prior to entering the above code and possibly turn them back on later in the game. If there isn't a way to do this, that would be a shame. Oh, well, go figure. ;)

-Chief of Staff

I've done the chipotle, can add units, cities, culture, $$, but can't figure out how to change terrain.
I'd like to add/adjust a few things in a game I'm playing, but can't figure it out.:confused:

thanks.

I've done the chipotle, can add units, cities, culture, $$, but can't figure out how to change terrain.
I'd like to add/adjust a few things in a game I'm playing, but can't figure it out.:confused:

thanks.
As far as I know, only in World Builder can you do changes to terrains. There doesn't seem to be anything about those within debug tools and all. I may miss something there, though. *shrugs*

Second and finally, is there a way to restore fog of war upon entering the code game.toggledebugmode?

Enter it again. That's what toggle mean, it both turns it on and off.

Hi

Chipotle is the aztec (náhuatl) word for a dried jalapeño chile.

The correct spell is Xchíjhpotl, but spanish conquerors never learn to spell it correctly so they change it, as they done to almost all náhuatl (aztec) words.
Just like in:
Xchojkólatl = Chocolate (Chocolate)
Xchíjtl = Chile (Chili)
Ahuájkatl = Aguacate (Avocado)
Xtómatl = Tomate (Green Tomato)
Xij-xtómatl = Jitomate (Tomato)

By the way, the aztec (náhuatl) word for Montezuma is Moctezuma. Conquerors change it to Motecuzoma, but native mexican náhuatl speacking people still using Moctezuma (with C).

The name Jalapeño comes from the city Jalapa (Xalapan in náhuatl) where this chile where found.

Náhuatl is the name of the aztec language.

Interesting. Thought the Aztecs used pictograms, not the Latin alphabet. So spelling is not really an issue is it?

do Chipotle Works For Bts????????????????????????????????

Chipotle enables a tool fraxis use to debug/stress the game (in some ways) it works for All civ4 games (Civ4/WL/BTS) it is part of the coding that hasn't changed much if at all since civ4 release

After entering 'game.toggledebugmode' how do you actaully DO anything?
I don't see how it does anything other than just reveal the map.

So any chance of a nice updated post on using the debug console? I haven't tried out all of StarDuster's commands just yet to ensure that they work, but a lot of things in the initial few posts are quite different from how we are doing things in the game nowadays (though they might also work still, maybe. I know you don't need chipotle for worldbuilder though).

Main thing I am wondering though is if you are in a certain Python file while using the debug console. I would like to be able to add a few import lines to whatever file it is so that I don't have to write them myself each time I reload the python modules and re-test a new function.

I think the chipolite code just lets you use things like ctrl+z for full map or ctrl+shft+left click a tile to place a unit etc there are more but I can't remember of hand

Does anyone know how to start debug console having a keyboard without tilde char?
I tried key remapping but it didn't work...

Alternativelly, is there a way to quickly reload ArtDefines changes without using Xml.reloadArtDefines code?

Thanks

Top Bottom