Cheat Code (help with the world-builder...)

Maybe something related to this tag in CivilizationIV.ini ?

; Establish connection to Python Debugger
HAPDebugger = 0

By default I've 0. If I set it to 1, the game stops loading due my Zonealarm firewall...

Maybe something related to this tag in CivilizationIV.ini ?

; Establish connection to Python Debugger
HAPDebugger = 0

By default I've 0. If I set it to 1, the game stops loading due my Zonealarm firewall...

If your firewall was not stopping it, civ would crash afterwards if it can't find the debugger.

For the topic, i also could never get the console to work, but i haven't tried the combinations here.

Code:
; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle

- this doesn't work... It did a few days ago, but now it doesn't work.. Can't get the console up, can't use the key commands (CTRL+Z, CTRL+W).. Any help, please? -.-

edit: never mind; just needed to switch off the "Lock Modified Assets" option...

What is the cheat to instantly build an improvement when you click to build it? I am thinking that there was a cheat but now that I think about it it may have been something I added to a mod of mine at some point but can't rightly remember now.

Hi, I just started getting back into my civ4 a lot more. I opened the program file and changed it to "chipotle". Then when my game was running I used the tilda to open console. When I typed in game.toggledebugmode it just came back saying it didn't recognize. How can I enable debug on this thing? OK, maybe i'm not playing the same thing. I'm just playing the software I bought and loaded. Does all this apply to that?

in the directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4

Double-click _Civ4Config

NOTE: this will fail if you have "Hide protected operating system files" and/or "Do not show hidden files/folders" turned on, in Windows Explorer (this can be changed under Tools, Folder Options, View Tab). The reason it fails is because the file is a .ini, which WindowsXP considers a System File that could be harmful to the operation of Windows if it is improperly modified (therefore it won't let you edit it, by default)

I had a brain fart looking for the ini file as well when it didn-t turn up in a search
so then.....using Windows Explorer

In Win XP 64 pro, I went to the Main CIV 4 folder
clicked on it, then tools, then folder options
in folder options I picked file types, then went down to> .INI Configuration Settings
clicked on it to highlight it
THEN
clicked on advanced and near the bottom of that box was a box to click
always show extension

I said ok to that change....and it gave me a shortcut in that directory to open it with notepad
and shazam there it was
I clicked on it and edited the cheat code
and set the option to -ask- instead of 1 which was full screen
I just opened the game
and wham right there was an option if I wanted full screen and I said no

it opened the game in a window
which I wanted so I could reference things here at the forum while playing the game

one thing with the window
I had to click on the box at the top right to maximize it as it was a little off at the start
but it is just dandy now as I actually have the game open while posting this

and a big thanks to the problem solvers here

Cheatdialog
After applying "CheatCode = chipotle" in configuration-file, open console with ~ and use command "game.toggledebugmode".

With debugmode turned on you can press SHIFT+T to open CheatDialog to alter Gold and Technology
Cheat Effect
SHIFT+T CheatDialog
Insert Unit/City
After active the cheat mode, press ctrl+shift+left click on a tile. A menu will pop up and allow you to insert unit or city for players/opponent.
Cheat Effect
ctrl+shift+left click Insert Unit/City
Civilization IV Secrets
Enable cheats
In your Civilization config-file (check where you installed it), change

; Move along
CheatCode = 0

to

; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle
Debug menus and hot keys
After you have enabled debug mode there are a number of hot keys to bring up new menus and edit things on the map.

CTRL + w: brings up the world editor.
SHIFT + [: decreases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
SHIFT + ]: increases a units strength that your mouse is over by 0.2.
CTRL + 4: increases your gold by 1000.
CTRL + d: brings up the debug menu.

^^All this from Gamespot.

I do some personal level modding.

I would like to thank you for easily spelling out how to do this! It is very easy for many, not so easy for others.

I also want to say while at one time I was a diehard Apolytoner, CFC has allways been top notch of creation explanation as well as an excellent source to assist those on the other end of the "DALE SCALE"..referring to the author of Dales Combat Mod. He has allways helped old Gramps!

Again, thank to all and Thunderfall, thanks for not trashing older threads!

Grandpa Troll

Hi

In the world builder how do you insert several units at the same time? Example: 3 Infantry units from France in the same spot... is it possible?

One more key command:
SHIFT + F8 - Re-initializates

Hi

In the world builder how do you insert several units at the same time? Example: 3 Infantry units from France in the same spot... is it possible?

One more key command:
SHIFT + F8 - Re-initializates

You could click three times.

Top Bottom