Votes: 20 32.8%
  • No, never will I do such a childish act

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I've never made it past Chieftan

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Alex the Great

or maybe just semi-great
I want to know if any of the really experienced players (like whoever can win on Diety :eek: ) ever just play a game on Chieftan, or whether they think it is soooo boring. For me, I play warlord and play Chieftan sometimes for fun.

When I first got the game I played Chieftain mainly because Civ3 was so different to its predecessor, needed to relearn stuff. Plus I play SMAC almost exclusively.

Anyway after my 2nd game I found Chieftain to be just far too easy for my liking so I've gone to Warlord where its much harder (at least for me).

Getting to grips with this game requires a lot of time and patience I've found.

I will never go back to Chieftan. I have made too much Progres already. I am already at the Monarch llevel with no intentions of going behind. My Goal: Win my first Deity game :D.

Yeah, i win about 95% of the time on Regent, but i cant quite cut it on Monarch. Stupid AI bonuses......

I've officially moved out from chieftain (I started my last game just two weeks ago) but I still play chieftain games way beyond 2050. It's a lot of fun with my most recent games that I play beyond 2050. In one game, I conquered the Babylons and helped destroy the Japanese. And used nukes too :)

I'm playing a Chiefatain game on Marla Singer's World Map with 24 civs. Its fun, its only 1000AD and I almost finished everyone in Asia, Europe and Africa and now im filling up Galleons with my Cavalries to attack America.

Originally posted by Mullet Crusader
Yeah, i win about 95% of the time on Regent, but i cant quite cut it on Monarch. Stupid AI bonuses......
Same on me:D

I play on all levels, from Chieftain to Diety, why? Because the only playing i have done since december where testing scenarios, mods or maps that i or other people has made.

I play Chieftan for fun to kick AI ass when I just want to lose some steam. :)

Your question makes me add another item to my nono list: :D
  1. arguing with ******s
  2. trying to talk sense into politicians (is this a duplicate?)
  3. using PCs with Windows :mad:
  4. beating children or women
  5. racing against under-powered cars on the autobahn
  6. getting drunk to overcome problems
  7. playing Civ III on chieftain.
    [/list=1] I'm comfortable on emperor, currently fighting my 1st deity game, may participate in SGs on monarch, play GOTMs now that they are open to Mac players.:goodjob:

I don't even play on regent anymore - too easy. I'll play on monarch if I have some variant in mind - OCC for example or my current game, Always War with the Romans.

I occasionally play a Chieftain game. It's a break from what I usually play, Monarch. Also if I want to do some concept testing I'll try it first at Chieftain.

Alex the Great-

I found the choices on the poll to be insulting. "Sometimes if I feel stupid" may be tongue in cheek, but I play Chieftain sometimes but NOT because "I feel stupid." The next time you write a poll, I suggest you keep the personal remarks to yourself.

Never Chieftain - it's too grossly advantageous.
I nearly always play Regent, as it's the "equal" field.
If I'm lazy and wishing an easy victory, I play Warlord.

Never anything beyong Regent. I just can't bear to have opponent not using the same rules as me :)

I never thought of it, but after playing all of civ2 and some of civ3 at chieftain and winning every time very easily, i thought it might be cool to try other levels. :crazyeye: Well now i play emperor, and the competition makes it much more fun. Though i wish i could be first in tech the whole game (man that was great) and get every wonder, now i can only get wonders in the industrial or medieval ages on up. I probably would think it was boring now to play on chieftain, no competion.

My current game is on Regent, and I'm too busy trying to move on up through the difficulty levels to think of going back to Chieftain. If I'm ever in a lazy mood, I would probably play one level below what I can play. For example, when (and if) I can win on Monarch, if I get in a lazy mood I might play Regent.

"I play Emperor and sometimes Monarch for fun. "
"I'll play on monarch if I have some variant in mind "

Same as.....

And if i want a real challenge ill play on deity.

I just find it boring playing on anything below monarch - the AI are too stupid. :(

Top Bottom