• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

since the tech path from gunpowder (which we will adopt as the tech to research naturally) to rifling passes through only one tech (metallurgy) I do not see a problem with specifically researching along that path. However I do not think it is possible to enforce a mandatory research vote along that path. It would violate the right of the council to vote to revoke the established research path and amend a previously established vote as established by precedent and enshrined in the rights of the Daimyo' in regards to calling votes.

Therefore the best you could do is simply call a vote to establish a tech beeline to rifling and hope that the whims of the council don't call for a detour. However considering our military situation a beeline is clearly for the common good and I do not see a change in plans unless something drastically changes the situation.

-

As to Catherine I concur with your assesment and would favour attempting to get the maximum possible trade from her, favouring iron if we don;t go into unhappiness (in due consideration of Notre Dame and the patch) and we are forced by circumstance to choose between it and other benefits like gold and fur.

---

On an unrelated matter the Bunka have developed a national anthem for our ever-victorious and divinely founded nation. Behold it in its poetic splendour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FFHC2D12Q (repeated twice as it is the shortest national anthem in the world)

Naturally he was refferring to the Bunka and not the soulless Kagaku or the ruthless Gaiko and definitely not the vicious and mildly better than Gaijin Shihai. Fortunately Japans civility is manifested in the Bunka who alone of the clans support culture and civilisation over degradation and needless power grabbing.

Of course the Bunka originally came into power by the knife but lets all politely forget about that.

Of course the Bunka originally came into power by the knife but lets all politely forget about that.

Yes my family started the cycle of violence may years ago the had held the Bunka so firmly in its grips. Which my family was planning on bringing building the National College to further both Kagaku and Bunka clans. But alas the Kami struck me down for my Violence.

Since that time my family has dedicated itself to restore the peace and harmony of the Bunka clan and my family. Since that time my family has taken no action to violently remove any member of another clan from its rightful place as Daimyo of a city.

In the recent messy business if Osaka. My family got caught in between a failed assination and a successful one. Many encouraged me to join but my family rejected the proposal since It would ultimately lead to my late cousins demise. No leader in his right mind attacks the pack leader when then wolves are at his back.

Tokyo has became a nice peaceful place if you ask me - just as long as the other clans keep out. :ninja:

As well as the Americans..

The patch is out now.
A test with a game of my own had a weird result regarding social policies:
- Actual effects of social policies stayed the same (e.g Theocracy reducing unhappiness by 25%)
- Shown effects in the social policy screen did change (e.g. Theocracy making temples increase income..)
- some other stuff was not updated (no able to tell, if it was merely not shown or really no difference sometimes..)

conclusion: patching running games in civ5 produces weirdness.

You should read my statement more closely. Although regardless the Bunka have committed no acts of violence in over 100 years.

The Oni sits in his cave and watches as another storm wracks the land. The people of Japan have been through much lately, and have learned to bear it well. Prepared for the storm, its damage is minimal. The Paetch still makes the people sad, but only a little.
Spoiler Sad People :

I haven't followed the patch release notes in great detail, but it looks like the change in unhappiness per city is largely offset by a higher starting happiness for the difficulty level.

Wow, what happened to the Shihai clan!? :hmm:

Please sign me up as a Shihai. Gotta love an underdog.

Also, I suppose I might as well add a 2nd persona. (I'll wait on a 3rd.) Please call him zeus_lightning.

After some consideration I'm decided on two names,

Therefore I would like to sign up
Sushipie
Sashimipie (thanks pieman)

What happened is now that the Shihai used their militaristic charms to uplift themselves into having 6 people whereas the Bunka have 4 and the Kagaku and Gaiko have around 6-8 members respectively.

I agree with the previous proposal to sell OB to everyone, the added gold will be nice for whatever utility use a later council may find for it. Why sell to the heathen Americans? So that they LOSE money, we GAIN money, and what units will they use to explore our land? They are at war against the Arabians last I recall.

I agree with the previous proposal to sell OB to everyone, the added gold will be nice for whatever utility use a later council may find for it. Why sell to the heathen Americans? So that they LOSE money, we GAIN money, and what units will they use to explore our land? They are at war against the Arabians last I recall.

Last I recall, they signed a peace treaty.

VOTES

What shall we produce in Kyoto?

Kremlin
Market
nothing

Kyoto's production queue ran out so a mandatory production vote was called. All options are valid, the Daimyo cannot limit them. (Unless you consider controlling 44% of the vote limiting, but that is a different matter).

Kyoto's production queue ran out so a mandatory production vote was called. All options are valid, the Daimyo cannot limit them. (Unless you consider controlling 44% of the vote limiting, but that is a different matter).

No problem.

The Council of T214 is now closed.

During the recess…
Yojimbo of the Bunka clan in Satsuma displaces Acalan of the Gaiko clan in Kyoto.
Acalan of the Gaiko clan is now Daimyo of Satsuma.
Albert Einstain, clan Kagaku, from Satsuma displaces Roger the Shrubber, clan Bunka, from Osaka.
filli_noctus of the Kagaku clan in Kagoshima displaces Kyowara of the Gaiko clan in Osaka.
Some citizens were moved in Osaka.

The Voting session of T214 will be open until 22:00 GMT-6 Thursday.

Spoiler Revised Influence :

I started updating the production chart. They changed lots of values in the patch. Gonna be a few turns before its fully up to date.

Scientific Influence Votes:
214-S1 What shall we research after Steel finishes?
a) Gunpowder
b) Printing Press
c) Navigation
Note: I removed the none option - too much work to have a 1 turn update. :satan:

Economic Influence Votes:
214-E-1: Trade the extra dye to Catherine for a fur?
Yes
No
(This would give Kagoshima a boost in population, and give the empire a higher overall happiness.)

214-E-2: Should we upgrade the belgradian guard (swordsman) to Samurai at the soonest possible opportunity?
Yes
No

214-E-3: Shall we gift 250 gold to Belgrade at the next opportunity (in preference to upgrading swordsman to Samurai)?
Yes
No

Cultural Influence Votes:
214-C-1: Who should we propose OB agreement to?
1. All of them regardles the price.
2. All of them at price at least 40G each.
3. All of them, except America, regardless the price.
4. All of them, except America, at price at least 40G each.
5. All of them, except America and Mongolia, regardless the price.
6. All of them, except America and Mongolia, at price at least 40G each.
7. Stay with current policies.

214-C-2: Shall we offer a declaration of friendship to Mongolia?
Yes
No

214-C-3: Shall we offer a declaration of friendship to Arabia?
Yes
No

214-C-4: Shall we offer open border to Mongolia
Yes
No

Kyoto Local Influence Votes
214-KL-1: What shall Kyoto produce?

Osaka Local Influence Votes
214-OL-1: Add the following item to the Osaka production queue:
Aqueduct
Market
Do not add to queue
Note: Production chart error - someone else already built the Porcelin Tower :satan:

214-OL-2: Add to Rodosha Shujin's queue:
Put a mine on the hill to the west of the city
Do not add to queue

Satsuma Local Influence Votes:
214-SL-1: Add the following item (LIBRARY) to the Satsuma's production queue:
a) Yes
b) No

Kagoshima Local Influence Votes:
214-KGL-1: What Kagoshima will produce next?
a) University
b) Colloseum
c) Walls
d) Granary
e) Aqueduct
f) Nothing

214-KGL-2: What will Rodosha Betsubetsu do next?
a) build farms on to Marsh tiles south of Kagoshima
b) join Rodosha Biruda in his orders
c) continue his nap (nothing)

Top Bottom