[RD] Chinese Economic Struggles

It's no longer 1938 anymore. What China would be doing is what the United States does all the time with impunity, impose sanctions. Not like Iran or NOKO have gone to war over sanctions, so why should the USA? Or wait! Does that mean if the US does it's a hypocrite!?

Not if China is doing it to back Russia. At that point it's might mskes right so any response up to and including war can happen.

Well gee, it looks like you sorta explained it to yourself. China has been stockpiling, meaning they're not as desperate and are willing to handle a little economic pain and shutoff trade to western nations if they are pushed around too hard.
They have no interest in shutting off trade with the west. Doing so has no benefit for them. Their Belt and Road program is collapsing in the 3rd world. They need to export and the US is huge and rich market for them.

They have no interest in shutting off trade with the west. Doing so has no benefit for them. Their Belt and Road program is collapsing in the 3rd world. They need to export and the US is huge and rich market for them.

Not impossible though major trade partners have gone to war before.

And there's always the economy bis crap we need a distraction.

They just won't do much for Russia imho. Turn s blind eye to exports of sanctioned goods or sell them a few weapons maybe.

Who wants to talk soybeans? What specifically? OMG I'm relevant until I realize nobody cares about the same stuff I do. :p

China has stockpiled food for a long time. I think they have a higher bar for how many months in the bin of eating they store compared to the US if I remember right. It's like the fundamental deal, all the way back(and more) to The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.

Food spoils. That's a stopgap.

Last edited:
Who wants to talk soybeans? What specifically? OMG I'm relevant until I realize nobody cares about the same stuff I do. :p

China has stockpiled food for a long time. I think they have a higher bar for how many months in the bin of eating they store compared to the US if I remember right. It's like the fundamental deal, all the way back to The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.

Food spoils. That's a stopgap.

How long dose soy last for in those silos ?
Iam pretty sure they are good for a few years, then they become animal feed when they are stored too long

How hungry are you? If you're differentiating that finely to begin with.

More useful as a starting point.

2-3 years fully dried-down(expensive, energy intense) probably for stuff people want to eat.

Last edited:
OK now I get storing soybeans is not so simple.

Last I heard China had about a years food supply if they're not to fussy with what they eat.

OK now I get storing soybeans is not so simple.
You all talk about more complicated crap all the time!

At least the math is mostly done on this. Assuming (mostly) modern storage(we don't have those, we commercially store, but same principle).

Storage of grain really isn't that hard. You harvest it dry, reduce it further if needed, then move into clean storage with good monitoring controls. We regularly stored human grade grain for nearly a year.. and we weren't trying! If a government wanted to set up stores that would last decades it would be very simple for grains/pulses etc.

That would assume CCP is reading CFC and taking notes.

They're always taking notes. Google has given them carte blanche before to spy around the internet as they so please. AI helps them discover various posts and articles talking about the CCP. A big paycheck goes to greedy Google for their assistance.

Not if China is doing it to back Russia. At that point it's might mskes right so any response up to and including war can happen.

The West would beg China on it's knees to reopen trade. They wouldn't dare wage war against the CCP, that's simply stupid and would achieve no political goals whatsoever. A war without a political goal is already a lost one.

They're always taking notes. Google has given them carte blanche before to spy around the internet as they so please. AI helps them discover various posts and articles talking about the CCP. A big paycheck goes to greedy Google for their assistance.

Aah good to know. HEY CCP! You are a totalitarian state enslaving your population and soon will collapse. I look forwards to your leaders heads being displayed in Tiananmen Square

The West would beg China on it's knees to reopen trade. They wouldn't dare wage war against the CCP, that's simply stupid and would achieve no political goals whatsoever. A war without a political goal is already a lost one.

The East and the West are heavily heavily linked with trade. The West has the money though.. we could always buy from elsewhere with some effort. There's noone else to sell to.

The East and the West are heavily heavily linked with trade. The West has the money though.. we could always buy from elsewhere with some effort. There's noone else to sell to.

Good luck finding another producer in under a year's time and getting their factories as well as production plus labour up to speed.

Takes ten years. Sorry, close but no cigar.

Good luck finding another producer in under a year's time and getting their factories as well as production plus labour up to speed.

Takes ten years. Sorry, close but no cigar.

Its amazing what money, concentrated can do. Look how quickly the world turned on Covid and everything it needed to be battled. Sure there will be bumps, but a few shortages on consumer goods doesn't compare to economic collapse when no one is buying your products any more.

Top Bottom