Chocolate Milk Order of Operations

WHICH?

• Total voters
Wait chocolate powder? You mean you don't use syrup?

A sounds icky. B is the better option. B with syrup is the best option.

A sounds icky. B is the better option. B with syrup is the best option.

Yes, I put in the milk, fill in a good 1/8-1/4 of an inch of syrup, then stir it up. I get the best of both worlds!

ALWAYS a.

Have always been Option B.

Once or twice I did powder and put milk in afterward, but never really made it my primary method.

The equal amounts of chocolate will make it better for me in terms of taste.

Of course, I also add Equal to the mixture and cut back on the syrup. The syrup adds a chocolate taste, while the equal gives it sweetness.

Sure there's that whole "But it gives you cancer!!!111" thing, but as I recall, that's still not entirely proven - it was done with mice and as I recall, the human equivalent would be liters upon liters of soda a day!

Sure there's that whole "But it gives you cancer!!!111" thing, but as I recall, that's still not entirely proven - it was done with mice and as I recall, the human equivalent would be liters upon liters of soda a day!

If it's because of the artificial sweetener aspartame, I read the amount you need for it to cause cancer is the equivalent of drink over 2,300 cans a day.

If it's because of the artificial sweetener aspartame, I read the amount you need for it to cause cancer is the equivalent of drink over 2,300 cans a day.

It was a lot, definitely. Not only has it only been tested in mice, but given the scale of things, the amount needed to gain a similar effect would be massive.

Things get overhyped, though. It's almost as if the sugar lobby wants to discredit the competition. :mischief: /conspiracy

But yes. It's a way to make chocolate milk taste sweet without quite as much chocolate.. or calories.

Reflexively, I go with A…..it just seems I have to stir a lot more using method B to get an acceptable "clumplessness" (perhaps because I am left handed :confused: :crazyeye:)

However, I agree with Ziggy that the proper method is 1- powder 2-just a little milk 3- "emulsify" properly 4- add the rest of the milk….

Personally, I love hershey's milk chocolate but their syrup tastes like… :eek2:

Option C
1. Put in milk
2. Put milk in microwave for 95 seconds
3. Put in chocolate milk powder
4. Stir

Option A makes no sense, so I guess I went with option B.

Option B.

Though this for me applies to hot chocolate; so there is a microwave in between step one and two. For a chocolate milkshake I use topping (which I believe you people probably call 'syrup').

nah we call it 'swiver's and cream', maybe topped with a 'red'.

swiver: sweet river, aka a sweet liquidy syrup. but naturally Cockney's had to 'chop the ends'
chop the ends: abbreviate; make shorter
cream: whipped cream or whatever you but on milkshake tops
red: a cherry, but we Americans make sure to put it "up over" as the Aussies call it.

on topic: I'm a B man.

Top Bottom