City State influence degrades at 0?

Gary King

Prince
I'm playing as Greece, who's UA is "City-State Influence Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate".

For Friendly CS, I think influence degradation is at 0.5? So half of that is 0.25. And on top of that, I've got the Patronage SP opener, which is "Influence with City-States degrade 25% slower than normal". However, I'm also noticing that Neutral CS also degrades at 0.

So now some CS degrades at 0? At least, that's what I'm seeing on their info panels. So I guess they will never degrade? Or will they still, for some reason, degrade at a really small number, like once every 100 turns or something?

Otherwise, it seems pretty sweet and a bit OP. :crazyeye: Diplomacy victory, here I come!

I'm playing as Greece, who's UA is "City-State Influence Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate".

For Friendly CS, I think influence degradation is at 0.5? So half of that is 0.25. And on top of that, I've got the Patronage SP opener, which is "Influence with City-States degrade 25% slower than normal". However, I'm also noticing that Neutral CS also degrades at 0.

So now some CS degrades at 0? At least, that's what I'm seeing on their info panels. So I guess they will never degrade? Or will they still, for some reason, degrade at a really small number, like once every 100 turns or something?

Otherwise, it seems pretty sweet and a bit OP. :crazyeye: Diplomacy victory, here I come!

What you have is 3 things

Greek UA: -50% influence degradation
Patronage Opener: -25% influence degradation
and
The CS follows your religion: -25% influence degradation (for any religion, no special beliefs needed)

for -100% influence degradation.

OR

you are at the "resting point".. usually it is 0.. but certain things will adjust it. (like Papal primacy/consulates/pledge to Protect)

A friendly CS does not have a base degradation of 50%. IIRC, it's more like 66% or 75%, so a friendly CS with Patronage and Greece's UA will still degrade. But, if you get Papal Primacy (The belief KrikkitTwo was talking about), then CS relationships won't degrade.

The percentages granted by Greece and Patronage are counted with the base degradation of the CS in mind. So rather then taking the 50% off from the 100% CS Degradation, it's taken off from the 75% it already goes at. So rather then losing .75 points each turn, you'll lose .37 points with just the UA.

Ah yes, I forgot about the "same religion" degradation. So yeah, that's probably why some degrade at 0/turn.

Top Bottom