city_titlearrows.tga bug crashes me

SCA

Chieftain
Hello

I am experiencing a bug with Civilization, version 1.00. Pardon me if I missed the corresponding thread on this forum. All I have seen so far are people asking wtf wat i do with this?, and no real answers. The bug seems to stem from the ...\Civilization\Themes\Civ4 folder, as well as \Resources\Custom and/or \HUD.

Basically what happens is that I get booted to desktop after a while, normally whenever I browse around the map or I end a turn. In ancient ages it takes me quite a few turns to reproduce this, but in the modern ages, it's easy enough.

ThemeParseLog tells this:
[Dec 26, 2007 - 00:07:36] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'

I reinstall the game (not deleting various saves and stuff, but nothing I would think has anything to do with these bits of code - and I don't have any mods), same error.

I went to Civ4\HUD to find this file. It wasn't there. I thus copied the file from the Custom folder over to the HUD folder (allegedly solving the problem, on some accounts). Error was called again, without any window of error appearing, but fortunately an entry in the ThemeParseLog.

I then looked at Civ4Theme_Custom.thm in notepad. It has six entries for this file. I now changed all these entries to fetch the file from Civ4/Custom/citytitlearrows.tga.
This didn't help either. Now I am preparing to revert to my backup of CivTheme_Custom.

There's a copy of the .tga file uploaded here. Any help would be most appreciated, and you have my thanks in advance.

Now I will try to install version 1.61 or whatever it was called. You will probably hear from me within not too long, should this upgrade fix the problem. After that, I might be motivated to go through the ten pages I didn't go through in the Fix-It thread. :)

As for my system, for the sake of ease, this is it:
Windows XP SP2 on Inspiron 6000. 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM. ATI Mobility Radeon X300 (Kill me now Edition) - 128Mb. DirectX9.0c.

Attachments

• city_titlearrows.zip
    1 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom