CIV 3 complete LAN play

JonPen

Chieftain
I have played Civ Conquests ever since it came out, but have only played multiplayer via hotseat unitl now, when I have a second computer available at home finally. I have now tried LAN multiplayer, and it seems to work ok other than one major thing: the cities automatically select what they will work on next rather than asking me what I want them to work on. I have attempted finding a Preference, and the only thing I see that would do that is the "always build previously built unit", which is not selected. I've also tried disabling everything in the city governor menu, but it still just goes ahead and starts making something whenever it creates something with just announcing that it built it with a city name in a scrolling menu. I really want my popup window so I don't have to cycle through over a hundred cities in mid-end game just to make sure they are doing stuff they should be doing. Any ideas what I'm missing, or is this an undocumented feature (bug)?

I have played Civ Conquests ever since it came out, but have only played multiplayer via hotseat unitl now, when I have a second computer available at home finally. I have now tried LAN multiplayer, and it seems to work ok other than one major thing: the cities automatically select what they will work on next rather than asking me what I want them to work on. I have attempted finding a Preference, and the only thing I see that would do that is the "always build previously built unit", which is not selected. I've also tried disabling everything in the city governor menu, but it still just goes ahead and starts making something whenever it creates something with just announcing that it built it with a city name in a scrolling menu. I really want my popup window so I don't have to cycle through over a hundred cities in mid-end game just to make sure they are doing stuff they should be doing. Any ideas what I'm missing, or is this an undocumented feature (bug)?

Update: the preference I was looking for is :Ask for Build Orders After Unit Construction. For some reason, it doesn't work correctly when it is selected in LAN games, but it does in single player or hotseat games. Anybody have any suggestions?

yes i use steam. i have firewall

edit:. and i have allowed it in the firewall

Last edited:
nope.. i only have steam..

and it Works for you? you could host games?
i have Windows 10

Last edited:
Then Windows 10 maybe is the problem.I have Windows 7.Yes,I can be host in Steam or GameRanger,Hamachi.
When you launch a multiplayer LAN game,first will appear about an error with former games network GameSpy.But after you can enter in the 'room' of the game,selecting 'mode',timer,and more.

Last edited:
yes, i had Windows 8 before then it worked. but after i upgraded it wont work. cant host a lan multiplayer game:('

edit: but i can play normal game:)

Last edited:
yes, i had Windows 8 before then it worked. but after i upgraded it wont work. cant host a lan multiplayer game:('

edit: but i can play normal game:)
Maybe a partition with Virtual Box Windows 7 can be a solution,if you want to keep Windows 10.You can't be host,to join for a game you can?

yeh ok, cool:)

thanks for the help dude:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom