CIV 3 Decade Awards: Design competition

Balthasar

Wise Man
Well, folks, the Decade Awards (which, to remind you, we're doing to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the CivFanatics Civ3 Creation & Customization forum) are well underway. Trouble is, we don't actually have, y'know, an Award to hand out.

So this thread aims to rectify that little oversight. We'd like you to submit your design here for the Decade Award contest, the Award itself, and Smilie Icon. Your submission(s) can be animated or static.

Submissions will be accepted through Aug. 31, and a poll in Sept. will determine the winner.

Please include an image or images of your design with your submission.

ReadySetGo....

I can't create a smiley, but i think you don't need a new one since the same :trophy: works for all three contests we had up to now, so it is reasonable to extend its use to the decade contests as well (otherwise why not have different smileys for each contest? ;) )

I will try to create a trophy, but i hope others will too since i am not very good with non-building objects.

I created this but i am not sure if it is that good:

The trophy and the base are not my own models, i dled the free trophy from turbosquid and the base was part of a model that came with Bryce 6.
The church is my Hagioi Apostoloi of Thessalonike, which serves as a (hopefully generic) image of a civ3 graphic.

Looks very nice WW, but not as an award (i don't think you aimed for it to be one though)

It could be a header though
Yep, it's a header alright. Homage to the original box art. I took some liberties with the competition name since that made it fit better, and allowed me the bronze/silver/gold theme, and sounds like the real-life "Lifetime Achievement Awards". I suppose it could also read "CivFanatics Decade Awards".
I like the textures on yours, Wildweasel.
Thanks! I really like your design. Kind of hard to read the upper text though.

I suppose it could also read "CivFanatics Decade Awards".

Yeah, I suppose it should be: "CivFanatics Civilization III Creation & Customization Decade Awards", but shorter versions are only to be expected. Looks great the way you've got it.

Kind of hard to read the upper text though.

You're right. I re-posted a version that's darker, and bigger, so it can be seen better...:p

Kyriakos has submitted the only actual trophy so far, tho.....

Top Bottom