Civ-4 GOTM 01: Saves available

DaveShack said:
If you get the "civ4 not found" problem during patch installation near the end of the install, it probably worked OK. You can verify this by launching the game, and from the main menu go to Advanced, then About this build. The Civ Version: will say 109 if the patch is installed, and the game will probably crash if the install didn't actually work.

This is not the case. I just checked and I have Civ version 100 and Save version 100.

I've got an error while loading the c-iv GOTM 01 file!!!!! :(

Please help. What I have to do ? :confused:

LeSphinx

Attachments

• GOTM load error.JPG
    GOTM load error.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 406
This one's easy: you have to update the game to V1.09.

From the main menu, select Advanced and then Check for updates. Hit install and go get yourself a coffee (or a full meal if you're on dial-up).

Well, I gave it a try and it doesn't work for me either. I only have eotinb's autolog mod and homegrown's clock mod running.

I seriously do not want to attempt uninstalling and reinstalling CivIV when so many haven't got that to fix the problem either. As was already mentioned many nice helpful mods will come out and I hate to not check them out for a single game.

Guess I'm out of GOTM until the staff or player figures something else out. Have fun you all. See ya.

a space oddity said:
You'll need to save the game after you've gotten the "play on?" question. Choose the option "lemme play one more turn" and save after that. You can then upload the save here.
Thanks a lot!

I have PM'd Ainwood about an observed difference between my working directory structure, and the samples provided by MeteorPunch and jayeffaar. I do not want to cause any undue stress with just a theory nor undue joy at the possibility that the cause is identified, but those who can't get it to work should check back and see if an answer appears. :D

I was able to get the patch installed by deleting my original installation of the game (I put in on another HD) and re-installed using the default settings. I then DL'd the patch and it installed without a hitch.

I have 1.02 Blue Marble, the Domestic adviser and the clock mod all installed and can load the game fine

As DaveShack suggested, I read back all the pages of this thread...

Hope this informations will help...

As I was not able to load the saved GOTM file, I finaly deinstall and install CIV4!!!!

So I deinstall CIV4, delete all the directory in MyComputers/MyGames/...
and c:/Programs Files/Sid Meyer CIV4...

Then I install CIV4 again.
Then I try to load the CIV4 GOTM saved files and I had the same error than the screenshot I posted : see #103.

I reinstall everything because jayeffaar puts me in the right way... (see #104).
Endeed, I remenber when I installed the patch v1.09 days ago, I had an error message when installing (something like CRC .....). I choosed the Ignore option and the patch was installed.... But....
So I launch CIV4 and go to ADVANDED and check for the updates (Do not forget to bypass your antivirus protection and firewall in order the system can access and enable some ports....)...
The system check a update was available and install the patch v1.09...
Then, I load perfectly well the saved GOTM file!!!!

Then, I quit CIV4 and install BlueMarble again.
I launch CIV4 and I load correctly the GOTM saved file.

Haping civing !!!!
LeSphinx

LeSphinx said:
Then, I quit CIV4 and install BlueMarble again.
I launch CIV4 and I load correctly the GOTM saved file.
Hmm so Blue Marble didn't affect your new installation. I will play a few turns of 4OTM and then try to add Blue Marble back in. Thanks!

Yes Birdjaguar : No I think I can not load properly the GOTM files because the patch v1.09 was not properly installed.
Your 're welcome!

LeSphinx

this is what happens to me

Ironically, it turns out I can load the save without problems on my tablet PC, where it technically runs, but is way too slow to really be playable.

Must be something about my install path or my documents path on my main PC.

clut said:
probably.. you have to rename it to a .Civ4SavedGame file... so the full filename should be ..

civ4gotm01bc4000.Civ4SavedGame

and not

civ4gotm01bc4000.txt

If you can not see the .txt or .Civ4SavedGame, you have to go to the 'Tools' menu (in windows explorer) then 'Folder Options' then the 'View' tab and find the option that says 'Hide extensions for known file types' and make sure there is NOT a tick in that box.

Thanks Clut. I can now see the file no problems but..lol...am getting the ' file is protected ....' error message.
Maybe I'll wait for GOTM 2...cheers.

@Dusty4prez, I got the same Runtime error when doubleclicking the save from the explorer.

Try starting civ normally and then loading the save. Works fine for me (with German version and Blue Marble installed).

thip said:
Thanks Clut. I can now see the file no problems but..lol...am getting the ' file is protected ....' error message.
Maybe I'll wait for GOTM 2...cheers.

Thip,

I know you don't want to do this.. but try uninstalling the game, deleting the civ directories in 'program files' AND the one in 'my documents/my games' then re-boot, re-install civ, re-install patch and then try again.

After I did all that it worked for me.

Note: before you un-install and delete the directories, it is worth copying the patch so you don't have to download it again. goto 'my documents/my games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Patch' and move the file somewhere safe. That way you won't have to download the patch again.

Try starting civ normally and then loading the save. Works fine for me (with German version and Blue Marble installed).

That's how i got there >.<

Top Bottom