Civ-4 GOTM 01: Saves available

@denniz

I just did on my laptop. I was 15 security-updates behind. But after rebooting still no go, I'm afraid.

OK, so this is my first GOTM. Where exactly do I submit the file, and does the auto-save feature cause any trouble with the "save/reload detection thingy"?

EDIT: Question 1 was answered in some other thread. Cheers anyway lol

I think the next step is chicken blood on the alter at the next new moon.

I run SP1 and think maybe Shillen is correct:
My own theory is that the patch isn't installing correctly half the time. So it's a crapshoot whether you get a good install or not. Try getting the patch from a different source like filefront or something.

Birdjaguar said:
I think the next step is chicken blood on the alter at the next new moon.

I run SP1 and think maybe Shillen is correct:
My own theory is that the patch isn't installing correctly half the time. So it's a crapshoot whether you get a good install or not. Try getting the patch from a different source like filefront or something.

lol...I'm going to try on the full moon as well....when Venus is in Gemini...

I've just done my 5th reinstall with no success. Again, I uninstalled, deleted all traces I could find, and rebooted. I then turned off my internet connection, virus software (Avast), and windows firewall (XP sp2). Reinstalled as single user this time (all previous were for all users), started a game, exited, patched, and tried to load GOTM and still get the no mods error message.

Fails the same way as the original save. I cleared cache and tried again and still get the error with the new save.

Yep, that one loads. I notice it's smaller though (57k compared to 64k for the last one). Is this ok to play?

post 168 doesn't work
post 170 works!!!!

is 170 unprotected or has the problem been resolved?

The file is bad and will not load,
Posters from all over are set to explode;
But Ainwood and Aeson toil through the night,
So all can join this month's fight.
:goodjob:

I'll have to try when I get home from work. Sounds good though. Thanks guys...:)

Top Bottom