Civ 4 Vanialla: Patch 1.74 won't install;

Eddogegr3

Warlord
it says it is not compatible with patch 1.09--which I assume came with the original game.

I just installed Civ 4 and did no updates. Yet it says no updates available?

The only reason why I am doing this is because I am also installing BtS and it won't install that without a Civ 4 (vanilla) updated Patch. Yet Vanilla says no patches are available and it wont install patch 1.74???

What came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

I share your pain. I had to do a system recovery and have the same problem. I installed vanilla and can't get BTS to install and get the same error code when trying to apply patch 1.74.

The patch is the problem. BTS fails to install since it is trying to install this patch as its first step.

I will share when I figure it out.

I share your pain. I had to do a system recovery and have the same problem. I installed vanilla and can't get BTS to install and get the same error code when trying to apply patch 1.74.

The patch is the problem. BTS fails to install since it is trying to install this patch as its first step.

I will share when I figure it out.

I got the answer:

You must install Patch 1.61 FIRST. Then 1.74. Then BtS.

A simple Google search helped out here

Installing 1.61 first is definitely the correct answer.

Just to add because you are likely to run into this issue next:

When you try to patch BTS, you may run into an issue using the in-game updater to patch to 3.17. If you get this problem, you will need to download and install the patch from outside the program (you can find it on this site in the Civ IV downloads section). Not everyone experiences this, but it can be frustrating for those that do.

I know this is a super old thread, but just want to say thanks. Got a new machine to play civ 5, but it's still too slow for me, so I wanted to go back to civ 4, but had problems installing. I went through these steps a few years ago and forgot all about it.
btw civ4 load screen and music were really nostalgic.

Top Bottom