Civ 4 won't launch

tankjock

Chieftain
i recently had Civ 4 start refusing to load. I get that message that says to insert the correct disk, but it is the correct disk (disk 1). It is the same disk i have been using since the game came out and I discovered that it was the correct disk. I play this game nearly every day. Two days ago i ran a complete virus and spyware scan. It found several. I cleaned them out and when I went to play the game it wouldn't work. I had the same problem with Sid Meiers Railroads. When I spoke to someone about that they told me how to go into the properties menu and set the compatibility setting to windows 2000 and this did the trick. i checked Civ's and is was already on windows 2000. This has really got me frustrated. I am in the middle of a PBM game and can't send back the next turn.

Try switching between different options in compatibility settings. Win 2000 did it for Sid Meier's Railroads, maybe some other option will do it for Civ.

Do you have Warlords installed? I noticed that my computer won't read CIV IV:s disc when Warlords is installed. Couldn't find any other solution but to try no-CD patch, which worked well.

I'll try switching as u suggested. thanks. Warlords is installed but it has been for weeks without any problems

Top Bottom