CIV 5 By Far the Best Civ Yet

etipton3

Chieftain
I love CIV I, II, and III, Civ IV was terrible, religion was the aspect of IV that made it so terrible, I tried several times to make myself like it, but I just couldn't, it was garbage. Civ V is AMAZING, everything that sucked about IV is gone, YAY CIV V, Firaxis have created a game I will be able to play for the next decade.

I think if you liked Civ: Revolutions, then you'll also like ciV. Personally, I'm going back to Civ IV with Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn mod. Rather than building on and improving cIV, they've spun a completely different game. Not even a different civ-game, a completely different game. It's like a rival developer came in and did a civ-esque game, like Call To Power, only not as good. This just doesn't play like a Firaxis game.

I love CIV I, II, and III, Civ IV was terrible, religion was the aspect of IV that made it so terrible, I tried several times to make myself like it, but I just couldn't, it was garbage. Civ V is AMAZING, everything that sucked about IV is gone, YAY CIV V, Firaxis have created a game I will be able to play for the next decade.

noob.

Moderator Action: Flaming
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I love it, its a little slow(production wise) but still has the "just one more turn" appeal that all other Civs have had.

Very few complaints, all of which can be fixed by mods and expansions.

I am enjoying Civ5, just like I enjoyed every game in the series. I do miss religion, which I felt was a fabulous and refreshing addition. Religion has played such a large role in human history that it's a real shame that it was taken out. The highlight of Civ5, for me, is the new combat system.

I hope the AI can and will be improved, as well as some of the performance issues.

I like Civ V. Yes, it's flawed, and yes, it takes out some interesting features Civ IV had, but the new features like hexes and 1UPT make this a great game. I'm not sure how I feel about city states, although they're quite generic and annoying (I wish they'd stop asking me to kill each other, and I wish they'd stop complaining when I start killing them :p) but the bonuses from the maritime ones are great. I disliked the diplomacy to start with, but I'm starting to warm to the free-for-all. I just wish the AI wasn't so stupid :p.

...they've spun a completely different game.
Try seeing as direct descendent of Civ2 (just like SMAC, CivIII and CtP) - that way a lot of the design makes a lot more "sense".

Cheers, LT.

I have to say i cant agree to anything of what you are saying. You are wrong on all points here. Up until the latest game CIV 1, 2, 3, 4 and even Revolution was great and beyond. best of the best. Played them all and loved them. Still play 3 and 4.

But CIV 5 is a different story, build speed are ridiculously slow and destroys the game completely on top of tha the AI are as dumb as they come. Its an unfinished game that should not have been released unfortunately. I deeply regret buying it, i could even go to length of wanting a refund. :mad:

Yes, Civ V is by far the best of the lot for my 3 years old son.

Ugh can the civ V flamers just go back to Civ IV and go back to those forums, and let those of us who enjoy the game just discuss and celebrate the game?

I loved Civ4 BtS and just learned to live with the horrible things religion does to the balance of the game. I totally agree that so far Civ5 looks like the best of all of them, by far. 1UPT is the Civ game I always wanted to play, and now it's here!

Ugh can the civ V flamers just go back to Civ IV and go back to those forums, and let those of us who enjoy the game just discuss and celebrate the game?

Sorry, I bought a game with extremely weak AI and imbalanced game play. I was perfectly happy to write up strategy articles for prior iterations, give tips, and so forth. This game as released is seriously flawed, and if we want better releases in the future we can't just praise whatever they do to the skies. That's my goal here, not to be a downer.

Religion was awful in civ 4, just a lame bandwagon mechanic. Really dumbed down diplomacy. So I'm with you OP, although I loved civ 4 :O

I'm not saying Civ V is bad; heck, it's way better than the other new games coming out. It's just that I thought Civ IV was better. Maybe with some modding and expansion packs, Civ V could be better than Civ IV. Who knows?

Right now ci4 BTS is > civ 5. Civ 5 has a bit more charm and a lot less tedium than civ 4. However, I think with a few patches it will be fun little game right no wits playable but the AI is seriously dumb. That said I found things like religion and espionage to be busy work that really didnt add much to the game and ignored them.

Rat

Top Bottom