[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

The civlopedia gives outdated, false information on social policies.

The last word from 2K Gregg was that they were working on updating it. It wouldn't make much sense to do so until they've essentially completed their patching, which will probably be after the next one is released end of June/early July.

Hey guys. Found this and thought I'd post my little niggles, idk whether or not they've been mentioned before or not...

1) Time - I like playing with large armies and many cities and lots of territory and so on, but this generally only occurs in the Modern era and Future era. But, I dislike fighting in those eras, because it's too easy to win. You can blast enemies away with no loss to your own troops from ages away, or wipe cities out in a single turn. If there was an option of, say 'freeze time after 0AD', or something very roughly along those lines, I'd love that. I know there's probably be issues with happiness (if you're playing with massive cities, but don't have theatres, then you probably would), but I thought you could have, like 'convert 10% of this city's production to happiness', in the same way you can put cities working to wealth or science.

2) AI - The AI's a gorm. For example, I was playing on King as India. I had my own little peninsula settled, five cities. Washington was a little while away but by no means within efficient warring range. He parks five warriors in the jungle near my borders, then waits long enough for me to build two war elephants and put them on hills nearby. He then declares. I pick his warriors off with out him even having an opportunity to attack my elephants. Once I've done that, he offers me peace in return for everything I have. I refuse, then he carries on refusing very reasonable offers until time has progressed, we have settled cities near each other and I begin invading him, when he gives me of gold and resources and half his cities, when he had a slightly larger military than me. Apart from these stupid little wars in the first four millennia, though, I am never, ever on the defencive. They never make any serious attempt at attacking me after this stage. They also have a habit of changing their minds alot about whether they are attacking or running away.

3) Rivers - They don't blend into the ocean well

4) Barbarians - Do barbs really exist in today's world? I think they should phase out in the final stages of the game. Also, even on Raging Barbarians they are never anything more than a minor pest. I they could be empowered more on RB, that would make them worth adding.

5) Difficulty levels - I absolutely hate playing at a natural disadvantage. If the difficult levels were based on AI strength (providing you can make good AIs, good enough to challenge a human), I'd enjoy the game more. The AI's a nub on Prince, but if I play a crowded map on King, I get owned early on 'cause their advantages have more effect at that time.

6) Great Wall - I think that it's effects should only be within the range of its graphic on the map, maybe in exchange for allowing it to cover your whole empire, no matter how big it is at the time of construction. It's unrealistic as it is now.

I haven't really found this anywhere, so I thought I'd post it here.

In Multiplayer, all AI players seem to be working on the same difficulty and setting the difficulty for the human player seems like just setting their penalties/bonusses.

I would like to see an option in multiplayer where you could set a difficulty per AI or perhaps an overall difficulty and then set a handicap per human player.

Can this list be updated now that the patch is out? & hopefully there isn't more to add to the list.

post-patch, I just reloaded a game that I was playing earlier. My happiness dropped by 10 (somehow I remembered that it was +8 :c5happy:, but went to -2 :c5happy: when I loaded the game. 10 just happens to be the amount of happiness from Notre Dame, though I don't know for sure that is it. I'll try to go back to another save and verify.

post-patch, I just reloaded a game that I was playing earlier. My happiness dropped by 10 (somehow I remembered that it was +8 :c5happy:, but went to -2 :c5happy: when I loaded the game. 10 just happens to be the amount of happiness from Notre Dame, though I don't know for sure that is it. I'll try to go back to another save and verify.

They said that that was going to happen.

I played the game without any problemy for a couple of months, but then i had to reinstall it and since then I can't start it anymore. I can't even click on DirectX11, as it says it needs a Service Pack 2 (Windows 7 didn't release any service packs yet). If i click on DirectX9 i just get a black screen. I tried to reinstall it again but all I got was the same problem.

Does someone have an idea what to do?

do you know what's going on? yesterday when i was going on Civ 5 i felt like doing a TSL Earth Game as the English. I chose all my desired settings and map size and when i clicked to tick the scenario it switched me to the Ottomans. i then re selected the English but when i clicked start scenario the Ottomans Came up in the Loading screen when it tells you about that civ's background and History. why is that? it is doing it multiple times and it never used to do that when was doing a TSL game in the past. Why is it doing that? please give me an awnser.

I have had a large number of issues since the latest patch

- Happiness just disappearing after reload of a saved game
- AI requesting huge peace settlements when we have never met in combat
- AI offering masses of gold, Cities and resources for peace after a minor conflict.

Graphics Issues
- Since the patch if the screen saver activates and the game is open the mouse will no longer work. ie The location of the mouse icon and the selection area of the mouse are not the same.

I do not know if this occurred much prior to the patch but I am finding in recent games that when at war civs will sail or move straight past your territory to attach an allied city state over attach you.

Since the last patch (1.332), I am unable to play on a huge map. ABout 10-20 turns in, I get a critical windows error, and the computer shuts down. I have tried both hot seat and single player.
I have an Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 8 GB ram, running windows 7 64 bit
my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 230

One more issue, which is irritating.

When you are moving using Roads/Railroads, the info screen says "Movement: 0/2", but you can still move that unit in current turn. I have no idea how I want to see that, but it's kinda wierd when it says 0 moves left, but you can still perform an action.
:)

One more issue, which is irritating.

When you are moving using Roads/Railroads, the info screen says "Movement: 0/2", but you can still move that unit in current turn. I have no idea how I want to see that, but it's kinda wierd when it says 0 moves left, but you can still perform an action.
:)

Thats because civ doesn't display fractions of move points, it didn't in Civ IV and doesn't in Civ V either, apparently.

I have been playing the TSL Giant Earth and it keeps locking up the game every 20 turns or so. Usually I forget to save, and I end up having to go back up to ten turns of playtime, through an autosave. I love the map, but this is very aggravating. Has anyone else had this issue. It seems to happen right after I move a unit to end the turn. I hit the end turn button and the game locks up. I then have to go to my task manager to close CiV. This must be a patch issue. I have never had problems with maps before.

Yes, you can view it here.

I always played it with this modmod as well.

Ah, I used to play that mod too years ago before Civ V and RiFE came out...but I don't think that would be added to civ v as they seem to be trending toward simplifying everything, and adding decimals to the game would go against that.

Someone might come out with a mod or unofficial patch to change that once civ-users get the hang of the new tools though.

Top Bottom