Civ 6 - New Zealand Civ

Bushido York

Chieftain
Tourism focused civilization (Cultural Victory)
All + Tourism values need tweaking due to me not knowing much about them as the game is still new.
Leader = Robert Muldoon
Agenda = Likes Civilizations with lots of supply lines and gold generation. Dislikes Civilizations with more Tourism.
Special Ability = International Marketing
Gains +3 Tourism from supply lines.
Trade Caravans originating from other Civilizations and City States grants +2 Tourism
and/or
Natural Wonders grant +10 Tourism (This'll probably need a name change if taken over top suggestion. I do not prefer this one but it is reasonable and viable)
and/or
Grants +1 Gold for every 1 Tourism / 1:1 (Realistic and fits with the Agenda better)
Unique Unit = Maori Warrior (Replaces Warrior)
Maori Ability = Haka War Dance - Gains +10 Combat Power when attacking an enemy for the first time.
Grants Culture on kills.
Unique Infrastructure = Adventure Center (Tile Improvement, Replaces Seaside Resort)
Can only be placed next to a Lake, River or Mountain.
Gives Extra Tourism the more it is placed next to.
(You will gain a lot of tourism from this if it is placed on a tile that is next to a Lake, River and Mountain, aka the bonus' of each Lake, River and Mountain stack with each other)

Last edited:
Some great ideas, but I'd go a different way.

Leader = George Grey. Muldoon is far too modern and short timeframe, Grey actually shaped the development of NZ over the latter half of the 19th Century.

Leader bonus - treaty - bonus 5% science per declared friend. Default status friendly. +5 combat strength while at war with a player you have declared a joint war against.

Nation bonus - Egalitarian - free economic civic per government.

Unique unit - Maori Warrior - replaces Ranger, available earlier at Gunpowder tech, starts with a free promotion.

Some great ideas, but I'd go a different way.

Leader = George Grey. Muldoon is far too modern and short timeframe, Grey actually shaped the development of NZ over the latter half of the 19th Century.

Leader bonus - treaty - bonus 5% science per declared friend. Default status friendly. +5 combat strength while at war with a player you have declared a joint war against.

Nation bonus - Egalitarian - free economic civic per government.

Unique unit - Maori Warrior - replaces Ranger, available earlier at Gunpowder tech, starts with a free promotion.

But wheres the synergy?!?!

the haka?.... cmon. What about Gate Pa?. I think defensive bonus if you wanted to use the Maori Warrior. the trouble was they had bad weapons so cannot really be considered a daunting threat. But how about in WW1/2... pretty brave a vew VC's... something along those lines? Or an ability to infiltrate? terrorism?

How about pine forests? and empty containers? Aluminium and hydro?. Double Bonus for national parks?
lol, maybe they should be able to build volcanoes for tourism.

Agreed on Muldoon... and he did not understand culture anyway. A pure commercial, the best thing about him was the way he talked to reporters.

Colonial states aren't civilisations in my opinion. If there's going to be something that represents new Zealand I would like to see the Maori in civ6.

Top Bottom