Civ Add-on/Expansion Pack Ideas

City sizes and growth levels.

Its a pity there are only three city levels allowed, I would like to see two more city growth levels in the editor.

i.e.

Size, Represents, NeedsImprovement and tech advance.

1 - 4 Hamlet nothing
5 - 9 Village Stone Works
10 - 14 Town Aqueduct
15 - 19 City Sewer System
20 + Metropolis Water Treatment Plant

A size set to zero - would indicate its not used so would not effect the original game.

Originally posted by willj
I don't know if anyone's already said this, and it may even already be possible to do this, but one thing I would really like is to be able to ADD stuff in the editor, like civs, gov's, units, etc. instead of only being able to change or replace things. I also think the Manhatten Project should be a small wonder, and I think there should be a peaceful way of getting leaders.

You can already do most of these things.

Take a look at the Double Your Pleasure mod and other mods that are available for you to download.

For my gripes about ICBMs, see my "Imperfections of ICBMs" thread. It mainly has to do with their diplomacy affects and their ranges. But now I agree with some of the posters on there---ICBMs and Tacitical's ranges are fine, but MRBMs should be added.

I think diplomacy effects should be reversed---Civs should fear you and be angry at you for using nukes, not all gang up on you.

And I think SDI should be taken out of the game, because it currently doesn't exist and probably won't be for a long time---it's pretty hard to hit a missile with a missile, as foolish Mr. Bush has discovered for several billion dollars!

pfft, never read most of the pages but here are my few gems:

make the map wrap like folding the 4 corners of a sheet of paper together. Also have arrows directing you to which will combine with which corner.

Fix the f1/f3 bug after abondoning a city.

Fix the bug where you loc up if you fortify/activate a rifle/infantry/cav unit from inside the city screen.

thats all for me.

Im not sure if there is a better way to do this or not but i will get games when i have like 50 units stacked up like big fleets traveling to another civ such as battleships,Transports,Carriers and so on well i have to fortify them all after i move them 5 spaces due to my carrier movement so i dont have to go through and press space bar for all 50 of my ships i jsut do Fortify all well this becomes a pain in the Butt after doing this about 5 times!! you have to press the mouse like 50 times to get to the fortify all and wake all button each turn!!Why not have the fortify all, and wake all at the top of all the units instead at the bottom?? Oh and if there is an easyer way to wake all and fortify all can somone let me know?

Iwo:

Fortifying ships does not give a big defensive advantage IMO. Typically I only fortify ships if they are outnumbered. Since this is clearly not the case, just move the ships & hit the space bar, no real need to fortify a reincarnation of TF 38!:D

BTW if you have the 1.29 patch you can move all of a ship type in the stacks by using the "J" hotkey. This will send all of the ship type selected (that are not fortified) to the destination you select.

:tank: The ability to increase the size of the Territory map or to be able to shrink the main play map down much smaller so you can view the whole planet at once.

Press on!

Mad Bomber, Iwo doesn't want to hit space bar 50 times every turn. His transports move at different speeds than his battleships (or other ships that would defend the weaker ships), so he wants the defenders on the same tile as the transports in case he gets attacked by other ships.

Instead of scrolling past all those units, there should be a button on the bottom that scrolls to either another page (or window) of units and options. Or at least scrolls faster than 1 line per click.

Iwo:

I agree with you that there needs to be a better way to get to the fortify all option but you can move your units much faster. Start with your slowest unit (transports) use the J hot key and move them all where you want them. You do not need to hit the spacebar. Move the next ship type to where the transports are. proceed until you are done with your SSOD. Then fortify the stack. I agree that its a pain in the ass to click past 100 units to get to the bottom but hey no pain no gain.

Don't get me wrong, I loooove Civ, but a little constructive criticsm is what makes cool patches like 1.29 come out.

Combat
It's probably been said before but, I really think the one on one combat system sucks. Not only is it TOTALLY unrealistic, also it substracts fun from it... wouldn't it be nice to attack a city with tanks, marines and bombers all at the same time?
Also, there should be an inmunity vs certain units option: like for example, a modern age unit could be inmune to all stone age units.

City Improvements
Certain city improvements should be buildable on terrain outside of cities: like for example building a barracks near the border with a not so friendly civ.
While I'm at this, some units should require specific city improvements to be built: for example, to build tanks you would need to build a factory first.

Resources
I've said this before, I'll say it again: there should be specific terrain improvements for certain resources: oil platforms for oil, mines for iron, etc.

Unit Support
It's ridiculous that all units cost 1gp per turn!

Civ on!

j-s that is a great idea one of the bst i have read for an idea for realism... definitly need a imunity to newer units i would think about two ages such as a rifle man can still attack a tank (shouldnt win) but a swordsmen would die instantly or jsut cant attack it at all..yea i think two ages is the limit definetly not three witch means archers can attack and damage a modern armor!! thats crazy!!

I miss 2 things from civ2 that could be put in civ3:

1. When u capture the capital, it use to be that a civ would fracture into two civs. I loved this feature so much that i would blitz capitals just to gain allies.

2. Nukes via spies. Nothing is more fun than successfully detonating a nuke in a major city, and no one to blame.

And hope that stupid AI begins to respect my borders. War can be so inconvient:lol:

You should be able to force peace, sell units, make embargos on some resources only, build buildings with money on another civ (negotiating), moving population from your cities to the cities of X civ.

These options can make a difference for your allies.

After building UN, any civ should be able to build UN Peace Corps, a defensive unit that automatically damage the attacking civ's reputation, Mine fields, Refugees when a city falls, partisan units, etc...

Ok I'll admit it, sometimes I like to play like a meglomaniac and attempt to rule the world or destroy it trying. Sometimes though, like when I have a not-so-great starting position on an island, I like to keep playing as a small fish just to see what happens and how long I can stay alive, etc. I mentioned once before in another thread that it might be cool to have an appropriate victory condition that you could achieve as a small civ, but nothing sensible came to mind at the time, but now I have an idea. Why not have the option of a victory condition for highest standard of living? That way you could perhaps win as a small, wealthy, well educated, healthy, peaceful civ - as long as you haven't gotten destroyed or swallowed up by 2050.

I have seen this idea go around alot, but it would be neat if under a few curcumstances, make it so a totally new civ can pop out. (I never liked the idea of starting with the americans in the stone age.)

There should be various treaties that you can offer. For example, once Manhattan Project is completed, the person completing it (or anyone with the techs) should be asked to sign a Non-first use treaty, with 3 options.
#1 Only use nukes if attacked by nukes
#2 Only use nukes if attacked
#3 Refuse to sign

#1 should signees get much more favorable trade. #2 get same trade. #3 gets trade sanctions. Anyone who signs the treaty and doesn't abide by it's term, gets permanently embargoed by all other members in the UN.

Other treaty possibilities. How about election TO the UN? Each civ has to apply as a member and be accepted, otherwise, they can't vote.

Human rights convention. Prevents signee from destroying captured cities. Same penalties as nuke convention.

UN peacekeepers.
UN votes on Trade sanctions against war aggression.

I like the Un idea. Here are my ideas.

UN declaration of war: One civ can try to convince the UN to join in their war. IF UN accepts, all members declare war.

UN should be done like Alpha centuari except a bit different. Your vote counts more for more population. One person is leader who can veto anything. Leader gets elected of course.

Nuclear disarment treaties. After a country looses a war and is forced to sign this they aren't allowed to build nukes. If they do build them then a pop up comes up and says " Sir we can't allow these, disband it or we will be declared war upon." If the person chooses to disband, nothing happens, if they choose not to then the whole UN declares ar upon them.

I really want to see more world issues instead of just civ individual issues.

Top Bottom