Civ-Armies.

! You guys are going to get me in trouble! not sure if you can post links to other fansites!
But yes, he's got it in the released modifications thread of his forum posted there.
Sorry! I didn't know that sort of thing got people in trouble.

In the hopes that it doesn't, thanks for the help!

! You guys are going to get me in trouble! not sure if you can post links to other fansites!
But yes, he's got it in the released modifications thread of his forum posted there.
Find the the thing that you're passionate about and have fun with it. As with all things creative, mod to please yourself, and to enjoy it. If you put the effort into it, you'll be amazed at what you can do!

1. Don't worry about the outside links, particularly to SoS, which is sort of a sister site anyway - if you haven't yet, see my write-up of it in the Decade Awards Jury Awards thread. If links to outside threads was an issue that whole thread would be illegal.

2. (referencing the second quote) True. You'll find a lot of folks around here who are multi-talented. More than your usual share of writers and history buffs here too, which raises the general level of conversation considerably.

As to your thread subject, glad to see some new armies being made. Armies are usually overlooked by unit makers, but sorely needed as (I'm led to believe) they apparently have their own special palette format. My only gripe is that, except for the Napoleonic era lines, there are almost no industrial-era army units available - even though, in the course of a normal game, that's when they're all over the place.

1. Don't worry about the outside links, particularly to SoS, which is sort of a sister site anyway - if you haven't yet, see my write-up of it in the Decade Awards Jury Awards thread. If links to outside threads was an issue that whole thread would be illegal.

2. (referencing the second quote) True. You'll find a lot of folks around here who are multi-talented. More than your usual share of writers and history buffs here too, which raises the general level of conversation considerably.

As to your thread subject, glad to see some new armies being made. Armies are usually overlooked by unit makers, but sorely needed as (I'm led to believe) they apparently have their own special palette format. My only gripe is that, except for the Napoleonic era lines, there are almost no industrial-era army units available - even though, in the course of a normal game, that's when they're all over the place.

I completely agree with you about the armies. It not only adds flavor, and fun to the game, but its much easier to move armies around than attacking in stacks, and moving, I think anyway :p

It also is good defense from the stack attack!

Screaming eagles!!

Each civ for wwii mods gets an Infantry Army, a tank army, an airborne, an Army Group, marine unit and some special unit, like ss panzer, or for the US the Rangers, Soviet gets a Shock Army, and a king piece, if you want regicide. ( Last Pic)

Theres also buildings that make units, like Africa Corps and other flavor units, with special ability.

Just to get you into the mood to create your masterpiece, :p I'll Throw in a building to get you started. I didnt make it, but i picked out the picture, so i guess that means I helped :)

Its called "Prop..o..hmmm, Propaganda? Its the same word right? Propaganda Ministry.

Unit request!!!

Someone!

Needed,
1920's - 1930's era civilian militant. Think communist mob type. "Beer Hall Putsch." Armed with some sort of infantry weapon.

Recognizable, but still generic. Could fit in as a communist in post Tsar Russia, Free French in the hills, or on the streets of Munich.

A working man with a rifle, a black or brown shirt.

How about the WWII French Partisan in the database? Looks made to order. Your basic brownshirt might be harder to find.

Thanks for the link.

I also stumbled over a webpage last night that may help out wwii mod makers. It has the Order of Battle for all a the contries. Assignments - Attachments - Commanders Diagrams - Authorized Strengths - Compositions

click on the first option "index" to get to the country list.

http://niehorster.orbat.com/index.htm

The Alternate Fortify update for some of the armies which it was not included in the original download. :)

Lovely banner, Z. Seems you have a knack for textures..

I also feel that if sandris, and plotinus, and so many to mention here, but if they can all spend the time to do their craft to delight us all, then I can pull my hair out a few extra minutes on something that is very less work. They set the bar high, we should all try to match that bar.

Zubareva said:
They set the bar high, we should all try to match that bar.
Золотые слова. "Golden" words, no special translation into English.

Also Imperator could help - he can do ANYTHING, but I feel myself too impudent to suggest to ask him. He's busy on so many great & very needed units. The only thing - if Guardian plans to put an armies autoproduction into his Roma scenario, this work could definitely help. Else - there's no possibility to make different units as a battle-created units -> armies (the only thing is 4-eras, but it's not the case), so it's a cool idea, Kristina, but with the situational application.

Top Bottom