Civ is like CRACK

Yah I agree you should stay away from these forums, they will make you seriously depressed.

....and the 2K forum, that's even more depressing!

I try not to stray too far from the Mods section. That whole area is positive and upbeat and everyone has the same intention of making the game as good as it can be!:)

I don't want to hijack the thread explaining it, so I'll just leave this here and be done with it:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole
If you need further clarification, PM me.

And i didn't want to hijack the thread to explain that it was a simple one liner joke that you took insanely seriously and i simply played along rather than burst your bubble.:goodjob:
But unfortunately even after telling you I was being purposely obtuse and it was sctick you still didn't seem to understand so I figured it was best for me to spell it out for you.

I figured people would understand a simplistic little jab at someone saying it was nice to find a thread where there was no civ hate in which the thread was titled "Civ is like crack". However apparently while i was being purposely obtuse to make a joke.. you were being genuinely obtuse in regards to the joke. Then you proceeded to treat me as if I didn't understand the actual meaning of the phrase, as if i'm completely lacking in any intelligence. At which point I figured I would lead you to continue your diatribe about the validity of the phrase, and boost your ego a bit more by letting you feel superior.

Hopefully you understand this and don't attempt to explain to me some overused and well known english like you did hyperbole.. simile or metaphor. Because you either didn't read my last post in its entirety or you simply didn't understand when i said it was shtick in response to your first post to me and i was being purposely obtuse to make a joke in my original post. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. And just to make sure you were clear on the whole exchange i PMd you this post.

/end threadjacking

ctrl + s to save in multi, add "multi" to fil ename and move it to the save game folder - i think cant remember exactly what folder is called, but it has to be moved, then load game in multi menu and the same or different people can join or launch with at least one human and rest ai. My results with this method do vary though....

Any suggestions for playing would be helpful. How does the on-line multiplayer work?

Basically, you go to the multiplayer lobby, join a game, set civilization, set difficulty to Prince, hit the checkmark for ready. If you are lucky, game will launch successfully. If not, do not get discouraged, just quit quickly and join a new game. Save/reload can fix an in-game problem as well, if game falls out of synch.

The main difference between multiplayer and single player game mechanics is simultaneous turns- everyone goes during the same turn. This complicates war with other players greatly, since it matters when you do an action in a specific turn, instead of just what turn you did that action on. It is very different to attack with a unit at the beginning of a turn [open to counter attack that turn] and at the end of a turn [not open to counter attack unless opponent is very fast/ready].

What happens when one player wants to leave when you are in the middle of playing?

An AI takes over that player's civilization. That player may also rejoin later, via "Join game" on Steam interface [seperate from Civ lobby!] and take over AI civilization again.

Can you save a multiplayer game?

Yes, multiplayer games auto-save. For some reason, they did not implement the usual saving mechanism into multiplayer. Therefore, to create a permanent copy of an auto-saved multiplayer game, find the auto-save file [via file search] on your computer and rename it whatever you want, and put it in the usual save game directory. If you do not do this, future autosaves will over-write the autosave you want to save. If re-loading immediately, just reload the autosave.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Civ 5 - welcome to the world of the fanatic. Say goodbye to sleep for a few years. ;)

Hope you continue to enjoy it for a long time to come. See you around.

Top Bottom