Civ IV Demogame IV - Starting the Game

i dont remember much about how other demo games worked but how about one sub-forum titled : Cities

in that one a list of all cities (major ones) with a mayor and citizen talking about what to construct and improvements. the list of all citizen on the first page of each cities...easier to follow no ?

i dont remember much about how other demo games worked but how about one sub-forum titled : Cities

in that one a list of all cities (major ones) with a mayor and citizen talking about what to construct and improvements. the list of all citizen on the first page of each cities...easier to follow no ?

I love the idea and I have a few more ideas for forums but when I brought it up last Dgame the idea got little attention. I am still fairly new to Civfanatics, I played my prior Dgames (before Civ4 DG3) at 1BC, Civilized (COGC) and Noitazilivic, we had alot more forums and IMO it was less confusing especially to new citizens.

Organization is one of the key components to a Dgame. It almost killed DG3 after the Triad fiasco. I say we put organization at the forefront as we approach the start of DG4. Perhaps we could add some sub-forums within the 4 main forums to help quell a little bit of the confusion. Like a Cities sub-forum within the parent Citizens forum for example.

I think it's a good idea, just be careful though, if you go too nuts with organization you'll have a hard time getting people to understand how things work. :)

I agree too many forums can be even more confusing :confused: . Lets just go with the 4 original forums, possibly 5 (one for Cities) so we can get the Dgame started. If whoever puts them up wants to just add the "Cities" as a Sub-forum in "Citizens" that would work too.
A detailed "Start here" thread (stickied) on the main forum will give new members somewhere to start and help quell any confusion.

It almost killed DG3 after the Triad fiasco. I say we put organization at the forefront as we approach the start of DG4. Perhaps we could add some sub-forums within the 4 main forums to help quell a little bit of the confusion. Like a Cities sub-forum within the parent Citizens forum for example.

And I'm proud to be part of that alomst death...... but, I agree completely with Civius on this one.

I PMed everyone that posted interest in this thread a week or two ago. They all showed back up. I told them it was about to start but we are still waiting on the forums. I didn't PM TCN or CG.

We have a lot of settings to finalize! Map style, speed, civ, leader; maybe we should get more polls up.

So, if it's just an OGame, then the King/Queen/President(s) would have a panel of advisors, such as:
Foreign Relations
Governors
Espionage
Technology
Religion/Culture
Armed Forces

Each of these committees would have one person to begin with, then maybe later on, the committee can grow. The President(s)/King/Queen would listen to their advisors and then play a TS (that's Turn Sessions for the noobs). Simple, and everyone who wants to be involved can.

I like this idea, sorry Civ must have missed this post. So would the King/President choose the advisors or the Citizenry? I would also like to see the KingPresident with less power, the power should be with the council and their instructions should have teeth. If not it is more of a Dictator Game.

I think the leader should choose the Governers, and maybe a general or two, but the rest should be the citizenry's idea.

Top Bottom