Civ IV Demogame IV - Starting the Game

I suggest we get it started and hope that will get the Mods to act. If they see good participation maybe it'll help our cause. We could use the Demogame III Polls forum to post the starting polls.

Hello all. I am currently playing in the Imperial Dynasty Game with some of you. I wouldn't mind getting in on this game as well. The only suggestion I would make is that why don't you guys play a game that mimicks the actual game going on? For example the early game would comprise of a 'tribal council' which would be a smaller group of individuals voted upon by the populace to make the decisions for the game. A head of the council should be nominated to actually play the turnset.

Later, as the game develops the government could change. If you build the pyramids, and decide to form a republic, you could then leave it up to the citizens to choose how they want their 'republic' to function.

During the mideval period, if you're not a republic and you switch to feudalism, you could create a system whereby the most active or powerful members of the game become lords under a king, and they funnel their power through the citizens (serfs, slaves, what have you).

I just think a game that responds to the actual elements in the game would be a lot more interactive and fun, versus a purely democratic set-up. Not to mention should the 'elite' become too power crazed, the citizens could rise up against the government and demand a change in it (cause a real revolution in the game to change the civics.)

I don't know, let me know what you think.

Hello all. I am currently playing in the Imperial Dynasty Game with some of you. I wouldn't mind getting in on this game as well. The only suggestion I would make is that why don't you guys play a game that mimicks the actual game going on? For example the early game would comprise of a 'tribal council' which would be a smaller group of individuals voted upon by the populace to make the decisions for the game. A head of the council should be nominated to actually play the turnset.

Later, as the game develops the government could change. If you build the pyramids, and decide to form a republic, you could then leave it up to the citizens to choose how they want their 'republic' to function.

During the mideval period, if you're not a republic and you switch to feudalism, you could create a system whereby the most active or powerful members of the game become lords under a king, and they funnel their power through the citizens (serfs, slaves, what have you).

I just think a game that responds to the actual elements in the game would be a lot more interactive and fun, versus a purely democratic set-up. Not to mention should the 'elite' become too power crazed, the citizens could rise up against the government and demand a change in it (cause a real revolution in the game to change the civics.)

I don't know, let me know what you think.

That sounds like a good idea, but a lot of work. Also, it would possibly hurt participation, which is already needed.

it's autumn...people tend to stick on the internet...it's the time to start it before christmas frenzy! we dont need a forum! maybe we could just hijack the DGIII forums...and start new threads..

Draknith said:

I don't know, let me know what you think

The idea has been floated around a few times and was used in Dempgame III (factions). The big problem was the early eras, it left alot of citizens out and hurt participation. This is why I voted for a good old fashioned Dgame. While it lacks the flavor of a new and exciting style it allows for alot of participants in the decision making process from the start.

The idea has been floated around a few times and was used in Dempgame III (factions). The big problem was the early eras, it left alot of citizens out and hurt participation. This is why I voted for a good old fashioned Dgame. While it lacks the flavor of a new and exciting style it allows for alot of participants in the decision making process from the start.
I agree with Civius. I think Draknith's idea could work if we had 20 or 30 active people who were in to RP, but we don't. Even if it isn't as interactive or interesting, we still need to work within our bounds. Right now at least I think a monarchist oligarchy is the best way to roll.

My friends and I would love to join. After having read the journal of Realms Beyond and chatting it over, we would like permission to start a new side.

Hey all, I thought I'd add my name to the list of interested participants.

I think this is actually my first post since Civ IV Demogame II. That's an indication of the DG's capability to draw participants, I'm basically a lurker here unless there's a good Demogame going.

I think the government structure of the DG should always be at least pseudo-democratic. Even if we list government positions with era specific names (Chieftain, Shaman, King, etc) I believe that at least the top position should be directly elected, and those citizens not in government should have mechanisms (Polls, public pressure) to influence the actions of those in office.

Top Bottom