Civ keeps crashing

HanNorwood

.exe
I'm having trouble with this great game as Austria. I've been playing with 5 mods (Minimalist, Krajzens Buffs, Race for Religion, A bonus to America's UA, and Info Addict), and have been able to play up until now, at 200 turns into the game. It's always the same place that the game is crashing, at the very end of player 2's turn, when I suspect it's trying and failing to auto save.

If I am right, then the auto save is what is causing it. Is there a way to turn of Auto Save, or could there be something else wrong with my game?

EDIT: Sorry, I put this in the wrong place. Any mod who sees this, could you please move this to bug reports?

I found that InfoAddict is surprisingly heavy on the game. I play with about 40 mods (Most of them civs) and that goes well, but add Infoaddict and the game goes a LOT slower and has a tendency to crash. So, yeah, take my $0.02 on that one.

Tried that, and Civ is still crashing in the same spot. I still think it's the autosave. Is there any way to disable, or at least delay the autosave?

Thanks anyways, Loucypher.

There is, look around in the game settings and you should be able to disable autosave, or at least set the turns at which it does.

It still isn't working. I change the number of turns till autosave, once I found the way to change autosave, and it still crashed in the same place. Are there any more suggestions out there for me? I really don't want to lose this game.

Could you perhaps post the most recent savegame, so that people can try it out for themselves as to see what's wrong with it?

Are you playing huge maps? i always crashed at around that turn when i tried playing them so i just play large now

Huge only matters if your PC isn't that great. I play on huge maps with 30+ mods without an issue, but then I do have a beastly PC.

I am playing huge, with 22 civs, but I've never had problems with it before. My dad, who is also playing, thinks that maybe it's the total units in the game. (He started having issues around turn 240 on the same computer, with 12 civs).

Lou, I'll get the save in here on my next post.

Here's the save. My dad, who also plays civ, had another suggestion. Maybe it's the number of units in game is what he said.

Attachments

• Maria Theresa_0200 AD-1400.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
I installed all the listed mods, and just attempting to load that save causes the game to crash. Sorry, I think it's hosed.
(For reference, it's been about two years since the game last crashed for me, but I play without mods.)

'Fraid I'm getting much the same problem here, sorry to say. And I'm crash-free for a while too, so...

Top Bottom