Civ rev: rigged?

APenNameAndThat

Chieftain
This game is rigged so that no matter how well or badly (within reason), you have gone, if you keep trying you will win and uf you don't keep trying you wont win. I play as the japanese. This means that if you put a city on am island, you will get one food and two beakers per pop per turn. Two games ago, i was constantly fighting and only had two such cities making tech, but i kept up and won. I was fighting all bit one of the other civs, so the civ that i was not dighrin had the opportunity to move ahead.

The most recent game, i was left alone: a couple of civs declared war on me bit were too far away to invade or bother me much. My only neighbour left me alome. I had about 10 little islands researching tech ( instead of 2) but i could not quite keep up with the other civs. Hmmm. If i had tried, i could have one by stealing another civs gold and stopping them building the world bank.

One mechanism for this is that i got heaps of great people in the first game described above, but the effect of a few 50%s here abd there was not enough to make that much differenxe.

Know how the game makes you feel like a hero because you almost always hang on for a win, even at diety level? Well, remember when you were little and your Dad let you win at a game and you didnt know and felt like a legend? Same thing. Thing is, once you knew what was going on, you had to have him try or else it would not have been fun any more.

I know that people have contrary examples, like the guy who got to AS by 1500, but what gives?

Top Bottom