Civ Tier list (civ 4)

This is a brilliant idea for a thread actually. Isn't it amazing that in all these years (decades even) no one has ever come up with the idea of creating such a ranking before. Curious to see what comes out of it and where everything will rank once the dice have been cast... what will come out on top? Forum or Feitoria? Mint or Mausoleum? Carrack or Cossack? :)

I'd start with the one I think is best and move down from there.

Pretty much everyone agrees the best unique units are Quecha/Immortal/War Chariot/Fast Worker/Praetorian/Conq, but I'm more curious how people would rank the rest of them. I'd maybe put the Hwatcha next cause Koreans are my fav civ :)

Terrace is best building, after that in no particular order I'd probably put the Ziggurat/Rathus/Sac. Altar, and the Hammam/Ikhanda/Ger, and then the rest of the UBs fall off pretty hard

For me Cho Ku Nus are top tier. They start with Drill 1, can kill units in addition to dealing collateral, can defend, and have a bonus against melee which the AI loves to build.

Also they get promoted quick. When you win a 5% fight with a 5 XP catapult whoop de do, now you have a 6 XP catapult. CKNs can gain an entire level if they win a tough fight.

Sadly Inca's Quechua means you can rush AI early on. It's too powerful with archer bonus. Making fog busting so easy. If you can build them in 5 turns you quickly have 5-6+ super early and that is usually an AI capital gone. Just as strong worker stealing too as AI will struggle to kill them.

Persians or Eygptians with their starting UU are pretty good against AI. CKN and Korean UU very good but not as early. Spanish UU is very strong but very late.

Fast worker great. Worker steal and you have 3mp to get home.3mp saves 1 turn chop on plain/grassland forest too.

Terrace probably best UB with free culture. No need for monuments and libraries everywhere.

Mongols UU and UB work well together.

Top Bottom