Civ V aesthetics theme/look

I don't understand all the hate against Civ4: I quite like it actually.

CivV completely steamrolls it in the aesthetical aspect, though.
It's the aesthetics we're talking about.

Would like to add, I think the cities look ugly, they should redesign the terrain and cities.
The flaw of Civ4's cities was half-done cultural differentiation.

I don't quite understand the argument that Civ5's terrain isn't nice. I mean, take marshes and oceans on high settings for the two most obvious examples.

I don't quite understand the argument that Civ5's terrain isn't nice. I mean, take marshes and oceans on high settings for the two most obvious examples.

The look of the mountains, oceans and land, especially desert hills, are so much better than Civ IV it's not even close. One could argue game mechanics all day long I suppose, but just the actual look of the land is far better.

I don't think it's hate at all (at least definitely not in my case)... I've played countless hours of Civ IV, and I enjoyed it all... it's just that Civ V has now taken it's place as the next big improvement... ok, Civ V is not perfect, but it's, imho, better now than Civ IV was, and will likely be even better after G&K.

It's the aesthetics we're talking about.
Sorry for being unclear: I was talking about the hate against the graphical aspect of Civ 4.
Yes, I don't see much hate against Civ 4 here, more against Civ V. It's not a bad game if you learn to appreciate it, IMHO, although I was really disappointed when I first played it. I thought I incidentally bought the wrong game or something :cringe:

Top Bottom